By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Uh...

Who cares about the graphics? It's the idea that you won't be able to return to areas you've previously visited to finish off sidequests and explore because they'll be on different discs (in the 360 version) that most disappoints me.

But even that's no biggie.

So FF X all over again?

mM
Around the Network

FF XIII is just like Tekken 6, its screenshots tend to look like crap...but it looks fantastic in motion. I honestly do beleive there might, probably will be, minor downgrades (less FMV cinematics, more in-game cinematics, no jap voice overs), but those are cosmetic and wont have serious effects on the final product. P.S. As far as power goes, despite similar specs I beleive the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. Why? KillZone 2, Ratchet and Clank (both of them), MGS4, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (360s Naruto games look last gen in comparison), GT5 etc etc thats why. Most multi plats are poorly optimised on the PS3, but in terms of exclusives (which understand and push hardware to max) PS3 dominates, they have the same specs but PS3 has better (yet more complicated) architecture. Ive heard the 360s GPU is "stronger" but it doesnt show...yet, maybe it will later on (doubt it). What I want however, is to see screens of V XIII ingame, comparing the graphical differences will be...interesting...to say the least.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

To solve the space problem (assuming there actually is a space problem in this case) with the 360, woudln't it be possible to install the game to the harddrive and then use one disk as the play disk? Like you do in some computer games.

forest-spirit said:
To solve the space problem (assuming there actually is a space problem in this case) with the 360, woudln't it be possible to install the game to the harddrive and then use one disk as the play disk? Like you do in some computer games.

nope, because the 360 wasn't built in HD in mind,  and they would completely ignore the arcade.

and even with install you would need to change disc. but the disc  works only as a "key". to the installed software.

First off you can't judge a game by pre released shots.  Take for instance Haze.

Look at how great this game looked prerelease.  I'm sure you all know how this game turned out.

Also, Lost Odyssey is a 4 disc game and every location is on the 4th disc.  By the time you get the White Boa you can travel to every location in the world without putting in the other discs. Now you might say you had to wait until the forth disc to get the white boa but when was the last time you played a RPG that allowed you to visit every location right from the start.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

^^haze graphics were good, there storyline just sucked and their voice acting sounded like the guys from resident evil 1

we are not saying it will be bad, its just it could have been better

It will be great on both systems. This is all just speculation. FFVII was multidisc and and every location could be revisited on the third disc with exception to some areas that where store related.

The point is target renders are seldem reached for any game. 

To quote OP "The same can even be said for games such as Lost Odyssey on the Xbox 360, due to the space constraints of the DVD, the majority of side-quests appeared on the final disc."

Yes most of the side quests were on the final disc, but so was every town and location.  What takes up the most space is Audio and FMV.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

sugarEXpress said:

NOW i understand why every PS3 fanboy saying that VersusXII will be the mother and father of god without seeing more than 3 sec of FMV in 20 different trailers showing absolutely nothing.

The reason is, because it's a PS3 exclusive.

Before the multiplatfor announcement, the only two people I know who were looking forward to Verses as much as XIII on this forum, were probably LeoJ and Soriku.

The reason is, because it's a PS3 exclusive.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

StockoPS3 said:
Aion said:
Yeah and this will still be best jrpg this gen.

no that will be WKC

I'm afraid for that game, after the Japanese reception.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.