By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Wii core game test (Dead Space Extraction)

We "passed" the test last time with Umbrella Chronicles. We got another spin-off (albeit seemingly great one).

Around the Network
stof said:
This thread is dangerous for all the jerking knees in here. EA has made a major Wii shift, and is developing what according to anyone who had had time with it is an amazing game. But it's also a game with blood and scary stuff and difficulty, which so far has sold pretty low on the Wii.

So they're making games for that market but stating that if it doesn't work they're not going to keep doing it. How is that anything other than reasonable?

Dead Space failed to light up the charts on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Yet EA has never stated that they would stop supporting those consoles with those types of games. Secondly Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles proves their conclusion is false.

More importantly though, Why is a light gun game a test case? Why not port the original game over to the Wii and see how it performs or better yet, why not make Dead Space 2 for all home consoles and see how the Wii versions performs. But as the Sega President stated, one mature game failing in the market place does not mean that mature games do not sell on the Wii. If EA treats the Wii gamers with respect like they do the other console gamers then they will benefit. But making on rails games instead of a third person shooter, which everyone wanted, is not how to gain the respect of Wii gamers. I would like to see EA announce Dead Space 2, an on rails shooter, for the Xbox 360 and PS3 and see how that game fairs in the market place.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

stof said:
This thread is dangerous for all the jerking knees in here. EA has made a major Wii shift, and is developing what according to anyone who had had time with it is an amazing game. But it's also a game with blood and scary stuff and difficulty, which so far has sold pretty low on the Wii.

So they're making games for that market but stating that if it doesn't work they're not going to keep doing it. How is that anything other than reasonable?

First, I hope you didn't mean my comment, because what I said is entirely reasonable.

Second, like Kenology alluded to, there are several games with blood, scary stuff, and difficulty and have sold over a million copies.  That market exists on the Wii.  It may not be as large as on the 360 or PS3, but it's there.

As for your last paragraph, yes that is reasonable.  What is not reasonable is to expect no reaction from Wii owners when you make public statments that sound eerily similar to the same "buy this or no more mature games on Wii" threats they have been dealing with in the past year or two.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

"Test" implies a half assed effort production. That's the beef I have with EA.

@EA: These "tests" that no one asked for, will only derive into more new "tests" that no one was ever going to ask for. I mean, give up already, these arguements and excuses are always the same. Just admit you are giving Wii owners cheap, outsourced spin-offs and games most core gamers aren't interested in, instead of threatening Wii core owners if they don't eat your garbage.

Go to hell.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

meh, I think the game looks good and will probably buy it.

ph4nt said:
Once they realize that we don't want on rails spin offs, downgraded ports, and 2 year old games, they will be able to make more money.

I want on rail spinoffs.

Umbrella Chronicles ruled.

Sold well too.  So clearly other people want on rails spinoffs as well.

it's an on rail shooter, the gameplay already works on the wii userbase...although I don't know how saturated it is cuz house of the dead overkill didn't do so well....the mature factor is simply just a gore.

I question weather this game is hardcore or even casual, it could fall into a limbo because it doesn't satisfy either market, if this is the case, then sales will most likely be bad.

We passed the test when Resident Evil 4 sold 1.5 million+ copies

The sentiment is old, but the game looks good so i will give it a chance.