By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Wii core game test (Dead Space Extraction)

"One of the explanations we have is that there's a lot of double ownership. So people having a Wii and a 360 and/or PS3. They're really playing different types of games on those two machines, and historically up to know we assume those people will have played the more mature content on the more high-tech machine. Dead Space: Extraction is going to be a very nice test of that hypothesis, because we're really building a game where the Wii version is very different to the Dead Space game on 360 and PS3, and we'll actually see whether we can reach more people with a) a great game and b) interesting content. If that's not going to work, then obviously the whole proposal from our point of view at least of more mature games on the Wii just does not work." - Dr. Jens Uwe Intat, European VP at Electronic Arts.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/dead-space-extraction-a-watershed-for-mature-wii-games

I'm getting really tired of this, always the same old story ...

Around the Network

Let it flop.

It's not my money it's their money. Lulz.

Once they realize that we don't want on rails spin offs, downgraded ports, and 2 year old games, they will be able to make more money.

Why is it that most of these "test" games are games that I don't want?

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

Ugh.

Same old story. -_-

I expect this to sell around 200k, though.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Screw them.

This will end.... poorly.

Wow, those customers are soooooo stupid, if they dont buy our games, we are not going to make them anymore :( , so you are buying our games you like it or not

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

When will you realize that you have to make games that consumers want. You can fill a need by catering to an underserved genre, or providing a strong known title to the best of your abilities.

No one asked for an on-rails Dead Space. On-rails games in general never light up the charts, at least not at a full price point.

If this game underperforms, don't blame the consumers. Blame your idea that a "test" is what gamers want. Wii owners aren't mentally challenged or have serious chemical imbalances, so why are they being treated they do?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

EA is stupid anyways. They sell millions of Sims and still can't make a profit.
Very poor management.

It's just that simple.