By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP! -- PS3 DOMINATED Home Consoles!!

Yay! Hear that Xbox and Nintendo fanboys? PS3 is going to be king at end of this generation. Congrats PS3 Slim for selling the most this week.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
Congrats, bask in your moment of glory

at least till the wii sees a price cut and colors

Blasphemy! Pious Wiiners only want what Ninty offers, and it won't offer any cut, just more colours!!!    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

PS3FTW said:

Yay! Hear that Xbox and Nintendo fanboys? PS3 is going to be king at end of this generation. Congrats PS3 Slim for selling the most this week.

The figure includes Slims and Phats so the Slim didn't sell the most. You are wrong!!!

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

PS3FTW said:

Yeah and then sega is going to come out with a Dreamcast 2.

@Op That is quite impressive how close all three consoles are at. The PS3 edging it out is a nice change of pace. Next weeks sales should be even more interesting.

Also darth, in relative terms, the DS isn't anywhere amazing. Look how much it is down from last year. That isn't a kind drop. Not as bad as Wii's, but still not good.

Around the Network

@sc94597

oh ok....but I'm a DS Fanboy now....so I will be over-hyping it too

but still its down YOY & still a BEAST, surely that is amazing?!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Pretty sure DS will still manage to reach 118 million as of December 19th 1009.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Every system is down for the full year YoY if you're going to use that as a barometer so far, except the 360 (which is about even from last year) in North America and the DS in Japan (which is up YoY). Every other system in every market is down YoY so far for the full year.

Sony should rebound this fall and have a bigger fall ... a $100 price cut and a new model revision obviously will create a boost.

Nintendo I think is hit harder by the recession because casual shoppers are more likely to drop video games when the pay cheques at home get tighter, whereas hardcore gamers are likely to still find a way to keep on spending on gaming and the PS3/360 price drops will keep enticing them to make a little more room on their credit cards.

The industry is definitely not recession proof (unlike the movie industry which is way up this year), and I think Nintendo is taking the brunt of it right now. But they are still selling at a rate they could only dream of in the GameCube days and the DS will become the best selling game platform in history soon, and the Wii will overtake the NES as the best selling Nintendo console ever soon as well.

So Nintendo will be crying ... all the way to the bank.

the ps3 will have igh sales for a long time now. this week is just the start.i think it will take a few weeks for the slim to come into full effect. its not out everywehre yet ande dont forget people dont just magically know about the slim. sony have just started rolling adverts, so once they fully kick in and theres more awareness of the new ps3 AND price cut it will start selling very well. dont get me wrong its already selling well but not the kind people expected from a $299 ps3. anyway when will the ps3 slim be out everywhere?

It will be interesting to see if they can do better than a marginal, single-region first place over more than a few weeks. It seems doubtful when they are trailing so badly in other regions.

This will likely amount to a small boost that will peter out and be another footnote in the generation.