By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 at $299 is a better value than a $299 Elite

money wise, the ps3 seems more attractive out of the box now that it isn't $400. Title wise- it's a matter of opinion.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Disregarding software line-up preferences, istself a bit dubious due to both the PS3 and 360 having excellent libraries, and the piddly, ever diminishing differences between LIVE and PSN, the PS3 hardware is a better value than the ELITE. A Blu-Ray player holds more value than a DVD player, no? And I'm sure built-in wi-fi has more value than NOTHING. Ditto for optical audio.

that part made me lol. seriously though, thats my second biggest problem with the 360 (first being how shittily its built).

ugh.. i hate having to have a wire run through my room to my modem.. its bullshit.

CDiablo said:
360(300)+Wifi(100)+Blu Ray Player(200)+Live(50)
PS3(300)+PS2 for backwards compatibility(100)+Dedicated Netflix box(200)+Spending money on overhyped PS3 exclusive(60) you heard about on vgchartz

360 teh winz!!!!1111

What about a 360 game? Netflix boxes are also $100, not $200.

PS3 counter attack!!!!1111

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CDiablo said:
360(300)+Wifi(100)+Blu Ray Player(200)+Live(50)+overhyped and totally generic shooter (60)
PS3(300)+PS2 for backwards compatibility(100)+Dedicated Netflix box(200)+Spending money on overhyped PS3 exclusive(60) you heard about on vgchartz

PS3 teh winz!!!!1111

fixed for you

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

It is but I like movies and I have Netflix so the 360 is a bigger bargain for my preferences.

Around the Network

yup, its a better value, but i dont find ps3 games appealing

ssj12 said:
CDiablo said:
360(300)+Wifi(100)+Blu Ray Player(200)+Live(50)+overhyped and totally generic shooter (60)
PS3(300)+PS2 for backwards compatibility(100)+Dedicated Netflix box(200)+Spending money on overhyped PS3 exclusive(60)+another PS3 (300) you heard about on vgchartz

360 teh winz!!!!1111

fixed for you

Fixed for you.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
ssj12 said:
CDiablo said:
PS3(300)+PS2 for backwards compatibility(100)+Dedicated Netflix box(200)+Spending money on overhyped PS3 exclusive(60)+another PS3 (300) you heard about on vgchartz

360 teh winz!!!!1111

fixed for you

Fixed for you.

That doesn't even make sense ... the whole thing was a joke to begin with anyway, and now it's just gotten stupid. 

Really it might be
360:  300 + 100 (wifi) + 50 (Live)
PS3:  300

or
360:  300 + 50 (Live)
PS3:  300 + 40 (Playon*)

or
360:  200
PS3:  300

etc. 

I think the thing to notice here is that the PS3 is a lot more stable in its price structure -- that is, you can add functionality you didn't originally want/need for basically nothing because it's already in the box, whereas (for the 360) if you bought an Arcade you'll pay through the nose for any bells and whistles, and even an Elite doesn't get you Wifi (IIRC). 

* http://www.themediamall.com/playon  Something I heard about -- one time fee of $40 for Netflix, YouTube, and some TV channels, works on PS3, Wii, and a bunch of DVRs and crap ... if you have a PC. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

It really can't be argued that the Elite is a better out of the box value than a PS3.

PlayStation 3 Slim
1. Blu-ray Player
2. Wireless Wi-Fi
3. Free Online
4. Rechargeable Controllers
5. Internet Browser

Xbox 360 Elite
1. +1 USB 2.0 Port

^^ teh USB!!