By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 at $299 is a better value than a $299 Elite

Bobo012893 said:
Aion said:
Well what if i prefer 360 over ps3? what happens now? So should i go sell my 360 and buy a ps3 slim? I think not.

Yes you should. PS3 is a better value therefore you cannot own an xbox.

I think it's in the eye of the beholder. The 360 has a lot of good features - and the PS3 does too. I was just giving my opinion on the matter, not trying to bait folks.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

Around the Network

yes, it is..

yes, but Sony's normal value argument the Xbox 360 $450 no matter which SKU you go for.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Blood_Tears said:
yes, it is..

naha IT izzzz not

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

im pretty sure everyone knows this already. in my opinion, the only thing that the ps3 is really lacking is an hdmi cable. its pretty much bullshit if you ask me. they give you everything in the world, but no hdmi cables, which is pretty much necessary to fully enjoy everything else they give you. but as far as value compared to the 360; it blows it out the fucking water.

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
im pretty sure everyone knows this already. in my opinion, the only thing that the ps3 is really lacking is an hdmi cable. its pretty much bullshit if you ask me. they give you everything in the world, but no hdmi cables, which is pretty much necessary to fully enjoy everything else they give you. but as far as value compared to the 360; it blows it out the fucking water.

This.

360(300)+Wifi(100)+Blu Ray Player(200)+Live(50)
PS3(300)+PS2 for backwards compatibility(100)+Dedicated Netflix box(200)+Spending money on overhyped PS3 exclusive(60) you heard about on vgchartz

360 teh winz!!!!1111

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

^ lol, yea by ten dollars.

PS3 was better value than 360 when it was at $400. I'm not being a fanboy, I'm just adding up the costs of Wifi and Blu-ray.

But I think MS was smart to make features like Wifi optional to keep costs down. I have wifi in my house, but I use a cord because its more reliable.

Disregarding software line-up preferences, istself a bit dubious due to both the PS3 and 360 having excellent libraries, and the piddly, ever diminishing differences between LIVE and PSN, the PS3 hardware is a better value than the ELITE. A Blu-Ray player holds more value than a DVD player, no? And I'm sure built-in wi-fi has more value than NOTHING. Ditto for optical audio.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."