By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Banjoe Kazoie Complete trilogy of good platformers?

Globox said:
Legend11 said:
The orginal team is working on it so I'm willing to bet it is going to be something special...

Well NO. Most of the stuff has left RaRe long time ago, so  it not same team, but they try to hype it byt saying "O it is same team that worked on N64 games", well no it is not!

Since you're accusing Banjo Kazooie 3's development team of lying show us your proof (internal list of development staff or whatever) otherwise stop talking out of your ass.

Around the Network
Globox said:
mrstickball said:
And how many of you that are attacking Rare actually PLAYED Kameo or Viva Pinata?

Just wondering.

That is typical fanboyish defensive strategy "how many of you have actually played ..... game?". Well at least some of them have.

Kameo was interesting game, very very good launch title but it was not really for kids, more for adults. Same with Viva Pinata, it looks so kiddy(which is good for this type of game) but it is WAY TO HARD for kids to play. It is very popular among 25+years old gamers, which is very bizarre.

The thing with Rathet  Clank games and why is it so successful is because it is  targeted for both kids and adults. Just like Pixar movies. Check latest 1UP show episode, they really explain R&C game so well and why is it so good and popular.

You again?  So basically you quote what mrstickball said and do just what he was talking about.  Have you played Kameo or Viva Pinata?  No?  Well then please see my previous post.

Not that this is conclusive or anything, but GameFAQS lists Gregg Mayles, who was listed as "Designer" on the first two games, as "Producer" on the third game. I don't know if there's any way to confirm if this is accurate, but it's still mildly interesting.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

@makingmusic476

kameo and perfect dark zero ?
dude how can u forget about star fox adventures ?! :D
that was like the "GAME"

we are talking about rare here so the third one is going to be teh "best"

MeowTheMouse said:

That's sort of a strange comment... what are you basing this on?  Wizards and Warriors III?  Donkey Kong Country 3?  Neither are considered the best of their respective series...

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Globox said:
Legend11 said:
The orginal team is working on it so I'm willing to bet it is going to be something special...

Well NO. Most of the stuff has left RaRe long time ago, so  it not same team, but they try to hype it byt saying "O it is same team that worked on N64 games", well no it is not!

Since you're accusing Banjo Kazooie 3's development team of lying show us your proof (internal list of development staff or whatever) otherwise stop talking out of your ass.

first of all every one knows that there is no way BK3 has the same development team, and instead of going on flaming people just like that get ur facts right.

if u want evidance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_%28company%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie_%28series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie_3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Tooie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie

L2R instead of being offinsive

HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but I suspect that Rare's close relationship to Nintendo back in the day put them in close contact with Myiamoto; Rare's excellent attention to detail combined with Myiamoto's ability to create new and inovative gameplay elements merged together to make several great games.

I thought Rare was still very good late in the N64's life but there seemed to be something off ...

Unfortunately for Rare, Microsoft has no one that can come close to matching Myiamoto and thus Rare's games (although still well crafted) lose something which takes away the fun ...

Who knows... I mean where was Miyamoto when Donkey Kong Barrel Blast was being made?

GooseGaws said:
MeowTheMouse said:

That's sort of a strange comment... what are you basing this on?  Wizards and Warriors III?  Donkey Kong Country 3?  Neither are considered the best of their respective series...

im referring to the downfall of rare ^^

Legend11 said:
HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but I suspect that Rare's close relationship to Nintendo back in the day put them in close contact with Myiamoto; Rare's excellent attention to detail combined with Myiamoto's ability to create new and inovative gameplay elements merged together to make several great games.

I thought Rare was still very good late in the N64's life but there seemed to be something off ...

Unfortunately for Rare, Microsoft has no one that can come close to matching Myiamoto and thus Rare's games (although still well crafted) lose something which takes away the fun ...

Who knows... I mean where was Miyamoto when Donkey Kong Barrel Blast was being made?

that is a mystery i my self the biggest fanboy cannot solve.. :P

@Legend11:

Barrel Blast was developed by Paon, the makers of the King of Swing / Jungle Climber games, and its original design as a bongo-controlled game seemed an admirable attempt to support the GC peripheral. Even so, as a Wii release, they should probably have dropped it or at least turned it into a budget release or something...

Hates Nomura.