By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Banjoe Kazoie Complete trilogy of good platformers?

@W29:

Grabbed by the Ghoulies wasn't a platformer though, more of a beat 'em up really. As you may have noticed if you read through the posts, I also would like to see the new Banjo game be a success, and am willing to give Rare the benefit of the doubt at least until we actually SEE something of the game proper.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

The first couple of R&C games weren't that good in my opinion. I love platformers and they never really cut it for me. Considering the latest is awesome, Rare should be ok. They have alot of previous level designs and gameplay to look at and improve on.

GooseGaws said:
@W29:

Grabbed by the Ghoulies wasn't a platformer though, more of a beat 'em up really. As you may have noticed if you read through the posts, I also would like to see the new Banjo game be a success, and am willing to give Rare the benefit of the doubt at least until we actually SEE something of the game proper.

Well again let me decide whether its a platformer or not. Thats your opinion on the game and Grabbed by the Ghoulies in my opinion was a good platform. Like I said in my other post I would like to see the next Banjo a success, but then again Sony and Nintendo fans might bash the hell out of that game.

Just curious do you own a 360? 

selnor said:
The first couple of R&C games weren't that good in my opinion. I love platformers and they never really cut it for me. Considering the latest is awesome, Rare should be ok. They have alot of previous level designs and gameplay to look at and improve on.

I think Rare should be fine too. As long as the game is made easy in a way and is eye-catching for the mainstream then Microsoft and Rare could be looking a winner in their vacant platform genre.

W29 said:
selnor said:

I think Rare should be fine too. As long as the game is made easy in a way and is eye-catching for the mainstream then Microsoft and Rare could be looking a winner in their vacant platform genre.

Lets hope MS dont influence them hey. Blinx was crap. lol

Around the Network

@W29:

Not to be difficult, but it's not really a question of opinion. How can it be a platform game if you have no ability to jump?

And yes, I do own a 360.

Hates Nomura.

@selnor:

The Blinx games were Artoon anyway; they don't exactly have a stellar track record. Vampire Rain, anyone?

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
@W29:

Not to be difficult, but it's not really a question of opinion. How can it be a platform game if you have no ability to jump?

And yes, I do own a 360.

Well he jumps and collects little gems and moves on to different boards in the game. So in my eyes its a platformer.

GooseGaws said:
@selnor:

The Blinx games were Artoon anyway; they don't exactly have a stellar track record. Vampire Rain, anyone?

Blinx was a truly platformer for the Xbox. What happened to the series?!? Did fail or did Artoon and Microsoft give up on the IP altogether?

Vampire Rain looks pretty good though, but for a bargain bin price I might add.

I don't think Blinx 2 sold well at all, so they've probably dropped any future plans for the series.

Vampire Rain is TERRIBLE. Download the demo; you'll be hard-pressed to disagree with me. Or perhaps the Metacritic score of 38 might help convince you...

Hates Nomura.