By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Banjoe Kazoie Complete trilogy of good platformers?

MeowTheMouse said:
GooseGaws said:
MeowTheMouse said:

we are talking about rare here so the third one is going to be teh "best"

That's sort of a strange comment... what are you basing this on? Wizards and Warriors III? Donkey Kong Country 3? Neither are considered the best of their respective series...

im referring to the downfall of rare ^^

Now I have no idea at all what you're talking about...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

@MeowTheMouse:

Here is a quote from one of your posted links:

"According to Eurogamer magazine, the original team from the earlier Banjo-Kazooie games will be working on the new game. The music will be composed by Grant Kirkhope, and it is suggested that the soundtrack will be orchestrated, following in suit to Viva Piñata and Kameo: Elements of Power."

Uh huh, that sure proves your point...

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
MeowTheMouse said:
GooseGaws said:
MeowTheMouse said:

we are talking about rare here so the third one is going to be teh "best"

That's sort of a strange comment... what are you basing this on? Wizards and Warriors III? Donkey Kong Country 3? Neither are considered the best of their respective series...

im referring to the downfall of rare ^^

Now I have no idea at all what you're talking about...

ooh just forget it x.x" :P

@ goosegaws
"ACCORDING to eurogamer magazine"
that doesnt state any fact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_%28company%29

@MeowTheMouse:

Again, your link contains no "evidence" to suggest that members of the original Banjo-Kazooie team are no longer with the company. Certainly staffers have departed over the years, but Rare is a large developer and these departures may not have affected the BK dev team. In fact, this quote suggests the opposite:

"Previous lead designer Gregg Mayles reviews as Creative Director and Mark Betteridge replaces as Studio Director at the company..."

As stated previously, Gregg Mayles was involved with the development of the first two games.

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network

In fact, if you consider that the notable departures occurred well in advance to the release of the second Banjo game and were mainly those who were part of the Goldeneye / Perfect Dark team, there is really no reason to believe that the members of the Banjo team are not still hanging around.

Hates Nomura.

ok im wrong maybe the team is the same but u know thats almost impossible.

but as long as Gregg Mayles is not there i doubt tthis game will be as good as the others.

@MeowTheMouse:

Dude, are you paying attention at all? Gregg Mayles IS there, now being the Creative Director of the company, and (allegedly) serving as producer on the new game. And as explained previously, I don't think it is impossible for much of the original team to be intact.

Hates Nomura.

i kinda got owned x.x"

but still ! i have low hopes for that game :P

Didn't even bother reading the posts from this forum, most I believe are Sony and Nintendo users.

OT: I see this franchise going from the ground back up where its suppose to be. Its just that for me it will be an excellent platformer on the 360. I like Grabbed by the Ghoulies for the original Xbox. It was hard but was good and a satisfying platformer for my platform fans. My family enjoyed the game.