By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - question for "JRPG" FANS ONLY ?

i was wondering what is the most important factor for you , when u are going to buy a new jrpg?

also do u still love the genre as much as u did when u 1st started in them or do u love it even more?

for me the most important factor in buying a new jrpg is the length of the game ( anything over 50+hrs of playtime i will buy it, less than that will have to consider it alot )and who its made by. and i love the genre more now than ever before. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

The most important to me is characters and story. If those arent good, thats it.

It doesnt have to be amazing or ground-breaking, just make a simple story not too cliched and make me care about the characters.

And no, I dont love the genre as much as before. To me, the SNES era was the golden age of JRPGs.

Its gone and I wish it hadnt.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I really care about the combat, turn based crap pisses me off. And the difficulty, jrpgs are too damn hard, i could never beat LO because of difficulty.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

^^
are you really a JRPG fan? or MMO fan?

Story is the #1 reason I like jrpgs. Graphics are becoming a second and gameplay would be 3rd.

Around the Network

JRPG's are the gawd genre...only the worthy can understand there exclellence

Battle system
Art style
music
story

for some reason lately i havent been able to finish a JRPG. They used to be my favorite genre i dont know if my tastes have changed or just no good ones have been made lately.

Classic turnbased gameplay = instant buy

i agree with soriku.. i need that good story/characters/battle system. i definitely do not like jrpgs as much as i used to.. i miss the old turn based days and when there was no voice acting.

Xxain said:
JRPG's are the gawd genre...only the worthy can understand there exclellence

Battle system
Art style
music
story

I'd re-arrange those myself, but agree with most of those being the most important qualities.

Think mine would look like this:  Story, Battle System, Charaters, Art Style