By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - question for "JRPG" FANS ONLY ?

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i was wondering what is the most important factor for you , when u are going to buy a new jrpg? (1)

also do u still love the genre as much as u did when u 1st started in them or do u love it even more? (2)

(1) Time.  JRPGs tend to take a lot of hours to complete.  If my To-Play list is really long, I might put off on buying it or buy it and play it later.

(2) When I played my first JRPG, I didn't even know what an RPG was.  I've gone from having no idea what they were to liking them.

Around the Network

It needs to have either "Suikoden" or "Persona" in its name.

Story is really the least of my worries...ive enjoyed plenty of terrible stories JRPG's..Battle system is a must, all n all where playing the game not reading a book..and fantastic art and music more than makes up for a bad story

Word of mouth. I like to ask the people that like RPGs what they think about a game before I consider purchasing one. And yes, sadly the genre is becoming dull. I used to hate WRPGs but now I'm having more fun with them than with JRPGs

What are you looking at, nerd?

I'm not really a JRPG fan all I know is that, I really am attracted to their (graphics) style. It's kinda gamish and anime. After seeing RoF latest movies I really like their new approach, and let's not forget about FF. Just being an allround gamer their is not really a genre that I really like, there are quite few devs that are really good at their job and I don't want to miss those games.

The thing with RPGs in general is story because if you don't like the story you won't bother levelling. So that would be the case for RPG top care about. Not just JRPGs because in WRPGs it's the same. Mass Effect for example is good because of choice and story not really because of the TPS element. What divers a JRPG fan from WRPG fan is really just (art)style and probably some deeper tactics because most of them are Tbased.

Around the Network

Definetly gamy play really cause if the story is amazing but i dont like what i am doing then i wont enjoy myself

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

I actually don't mind a short RPG as long as the replay value is good.. ToV while a very good game personally I find it too long..

But I do like a story with twists and decent character dialogue (not necessarily decent voice acting tho it helps)..

In order

Characters
Story
Battle System
Love Story

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

most important thing for me is story. It has to have a good story.

As far as if I love it as much as I use to, I would have to say I don't. I don't know if JRPG's are getting worse, or if I just demand higher quality from them because of the high Quality of WRPG's. However, I have to say my first love in RPG's is the ones made in the west now.

I have to ask everybody a question..a JRPG is a game..some ppl dont have Battle system as 1st priority, how do you put watching the game b4 playing it???