By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet & Clank : TOD 1up REVIEW - 9.7 - AAAAAAAA!!!!!

@ 1:27

Did he say balls? lol

BTW

This is the Pixar type graphics I was expecting for ps3.

Grats to Insomniac for nailing it.

Can't wait till when Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out for ps3... it will be like controlling a cartoon.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

The score was never mentioned. ONly in a comment.

@weezy

KH 3 graphics like R&C would be amazing!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Seriously guys, I cant find anything that looks near as good as what I played on my ps3..

SMG looks great .

I would compare but.. they come out blurry and messed up.

mM
naznatips said:
Who says I'm "wearing goggles?" My favorite looking game of the generation so far is Folklore. Does that make me a PS3 fanboy then? Personally I think Ratchet looks a whole lot like the old Ratchets, which looked great, but not particularly unique. I think SMG is taking the art style of games in a new direction and I really like the look of it. I'm not talking about Polygon count, I'm talking about art style. Which is based on opinion. However, your posting history says that your opinion is based on system, and nothing else.
 The only 2 systems I have right now are: PS2 and GBA. There's nothing that interests me on the Wii right now that I can't get on GC (even though I already sold mine), read, Zelda TP.  I do agree with you that art direction is subjective. If you like SMG art direction better than Ratchet, than that's your personal opinion and is neither right nor wrong. I thought you were talking about graphics, not art direction. Sorry about the misunderstanding. 

Well on this screen im looking at right now the colors + animation = P i x a r

Ps3 is a monster.. We all know in the next little while the ps3 games are gonna be a clear step above 360 graphic wise.

this is the first step where we are like, "whoa".

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Technically, the term "graphics" includes art direction.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

FilaBrasileiro said:
naznatips said:
Who says I'm "wearing goggles?" My favorite looking game of the generation so far is Folklore. Does that make me a PS3 fanboy then? Personally I think Ratchet looks a whole lot like the old Ratchets, which looked great, but not particularly unique. I think SMG is taking the art style of games in a new direction and I really like the look of it. I'm not talking about Polygon count, I'm talking about art style. Which is based on opinion. However, your posting history says that your opinion is based on system, and nothing else.
 The only 2 systems I have right now are: PS2 and GBA. There's nothing that interests me on the Wii right now that I can't get on GC (even though I already sold mine), read, Zelda TP.  I do agree with you that art direction is subjective. If you like SMG art direction better than Ratchet, than that's your personal opinion and is neither right nor wrong. I thought you were talking about graphics, not art direction. Sorry about the misunderstanding. 

Art direction is the most important part of graphics.  Well that or color.  I mean, black and white games could work but if they had some sort of sickness inducing combo of colors...

@benkenobi

Thank you for contributing to this thread, but what are you trying to say?

mM

Yes ofcourse I know, but is he trying to say that ratchet and clank have bad art style?

mM

No, but Galaxy is better.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you