By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet & Clank : TOD 1up REVIEW - 9.7 - AAAAAAAA!!!!!

shrimpy_boy11 said:
tabsina said:
Okay.. i've figured it out

The 9.7 was the user review at that time -- source: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=199666&page=1

from reading through the thread, several people pointed out 9.7 wasn't heard, and the thread creator edited out the score and said it was user review

so really its not an official score that gamerankings can use??? or can they?

It is not an official score, it is as reliable as the game ratings on vgchartz

Around the Network

Well, now it's at a 9.2. Damn, that game suddenly began a freefall! Note: Reading Comprehension, so people don't make fun of you.

Actually, looks like something... fun to play. If they hadn't said Pixar 30 times in 60 seconds, I may have liked the video.
"You know, we said pixar, and we said Pixar again, but it's just like, Pixar! Pixar!
Alright, coherent point. Other side? No man, Pixar pixar! Like, children, adults, pixar! Pixar pixar! Pixar? Pixar! Like pixar!
(30 seconds of actual relevant talking later) Pixar pixar!" Fuck, even Pikachu doesn't get on my nerves like that. I expect humans, not Pokemon.

Although, big WTF: "There aren't games targeted for Children anymore". That made me blink. And then laugh. And then cry. And then I made a sandwich.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

WTF? All this noise and it turned out to be USER reviews?

I'm disappointed.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Also, since apparently everyone here is suffering from a brief moment of specialness:

According to the link tabsina provided, and the fact that 9.7 is not mentioned once in the video, and not on the page anymore, that was not the score of the game.

Not only is it not the score of the game, it is the RATING OF THE FUCKING VIDEO.

This makes me angry. Very angry. This would be like watching an Angry Video game Nerd, seeing average review of 9.1 and thinking why is he tearing apart a game that has a user score of 91%?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Reviewers usually have to sign a NDA before getting access to the full game. In most circumstances, the NDA does not allow reviews to be published until the game is released or very close to it.

Around the Network

And user reviews right now are completely unreliable. No user has played anything more than the demo. Dugg down for inaccuracies.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Nice ... really nice :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

9.whatever, still a great game I'm sure.

naznatips said:
To save anyone from future confusion: 1UP HAS NOT REVIEWED THIS GAME. Apparently the OP was on crack.

FilaBrasileiro, I'd guess Mario Galaxy will outsell R&C by at least 5X. I'm also relatively certain that you know absolutely nothing about Super Mario Galaxy and even if it came in a box of pure gold and got the best score of all time on gamerankings you would claim it doesn't look as good as Ratchet just because Ratchet is on the PS3 and SMG is on the Wii.

You're probably right about the 5x, but I'm being on the safe side and will say at least 2x, if it turns out that it sells 10x more, then we are both right, if it turns out it sells 4x more than you are wrong and I'm right (we're probably both right though).

And no, I've seen SMG, it doesn't look nearly good as Ratchet, it looks great for a Wii game, but 360 and PS3 best looking games shit on it. It has nothing to do with what platform it's on, I'm just not wearing goggles, unlike you.

Who says I'm "wearing goggles?" My favorite looking game of the generation so far is Folklore. Does that make me a PS3 fanboy then? Personally I think Ratchet looks a whole lot like the old Ratchets, which looked great, but not particularly unique. I think SMG is taking the art style of games in a new direction and I really like the look of it. I'm not talking about Polygon count, I'm talking about art style. Which is based on opinion. However, your posting history says that your opinion is based on system, and nothing else.