By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet & Clank : TOD 1up REVIEW - 9.7 - AAAAAAAA!!!!!

I'll buy it, even if it doesn't score 9.7 who cares? Anything above 85% is a good game IMHO. I never played a R&C game before. PS3 is my first sony system. And I don't bother to download the demo cuz too often times my downloads on PS3 fails to install (anyone having same problems?). I checked gamerankings it has this game at 93%. That's enough warranty for me to want this game without playing the demo.

Edit: seems the score at gamerankings is only from 1 review: PSM3 Magazine UK. I'll wait for the IGN or Gametrailers review. Guess it will still score 85% and more, probably still 90+ 

Around the Network

Naznatips: "SMG will outsell it easily 5X's"

Donwii: "SMG looks better according to euro gamer"

soriku "Lol no 9.7 haha =fail"

Fishy joe: "Im a mod and Im very important, my attitude has changed since my name is now red"

What else?

edit:

I played the demo, and like I said its "THE BEST LOOKING GAME I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY PS3", no joke. Heavenly sword looks good, but ratchet looks amazing. Also I would like to say SMG looks good but not nearly as good as ratchet. Like I stated before the computer kills the graphcis. PLay it on a ps3 and you will cut yourself.

mM

@leo-j

Wanna bet?

I bet my sig that SMG will outsell R&C 5 Times.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@Rol

You're right, I can't believe that took 3 pages to notice.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

A thread that will live in infamy.

Around the Network

Thought something was weird when I went to that site....it had the score at 9.8 when I went in there, and I kind of went "...hey...what? *squints*" Turns out that was the fan score....which it occurs to me now the game isn't out yet....so finally, we find out it was the video rating....

What a bunch of dumbasses we are on this site.....we're supposed to know our shit....

leo-j said:

Naznatips: "SMG will outsell it easily 5X's"

Donwii: "SMG looks better according to euro gamer"

soriku "Lol no 9.7 haha =fail"

Fishy joe: "Im a mod and Im very important, my attitude has changed since my name is now red"

What else?

edit:

I played the demo, and like I said its "THE BEST LOOKING GAME I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY PS3", no joke. Heavenly sword looks good, but ratchet looks amazing. Also I would like to say SMG looks good but not nearly as good as ratchet. Like I stated before the computer kills the graphcis. PLay it on a ps3 and you will cut yourself.

Considering you can't play SMG on your PS3, I fail to see your point.

Also, just about every Nintendo game seems to look a few times better on the TV than on the computer- like Metroid Prime 3. 

leo-j said:

I've played the demo, and Heavenly Sword last night on a 50" HDTV @ 1125i for some reason. However, I would have to say that Heavenly Sword has the slight edge, although they are both amazing, they did take my breath away, they look even better than Motorstorm. After having played through all of Heavenly Sword on an old 32" fat widescreen TV (I think it is a CRT tv) it's just incredible seeing these on an HDTV.

I will be buying this game, because it looks sensational, and more importantly, it's fun too play. It's going to be good time for PS3 owners coming up. A great single-player game in Heavenly Sword, a great-multiplayer game in Warhawk. Pro Evo coming up, Eye of Judgement, then Ratchet, some great multi-platform games in November, before Haze and Uncharted. Then videos on demand, play TV, DualShock 3, MGS 4, FFXIII, GTA IV, KZ2, TS4 next year

add me

@dtewi

I never said it wouldnt I just think there is huge amount of negativity going to a ps3 game.

Come on be serious how da f can you think SMG looks even close to ratchet and clank.

I'll even compare screen shots in SD

I cant find descent R&C screens.

mM
leo-j said:
@dtewi

I never said it wouldnt I just think there is huge amount of negativity going to a ps3 game.

Come on be serious how da f can you think SMG looks even close to ratchet and clank.

I'll even compare screen shots in SD

Its called art style. Do you know of it?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"