By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Grand Theft Auto 5 Playstation 3 exclusive.

Deceptive thread title much?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:
Deceptive thread title much?

I came into this thread expecting to click "report" for misinformation, like when that guy around a year ago said MGS5 had been announced PS3 exclusive (no source or anything, just expected us to believe him), but it turns out the OP is just delusional, and not trolling.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

well i hated Libery City Sories , Vice City Stories and GTAIV.
its not cause they are not exclusives its just Rockstar are doing the same stuff over and over again , and GTAIV removed all the stuff i liked about San Andreas.

The 360 version of GTAIV probably generated over a half billion dollars in revenue, exactly what kind of gun does Sony have to counter that???

Do you honestly think the developer cares more about a few graphical enhancements or half a freaking billion dollars???

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

I don't see this being exclusive.

Around the Network
Brun2003 said:

So if this were to come about in the next year or so how big do you think this would be.  Would it be a game changer push the ps3 past the 360 give the wii a run for its money get xbox people to switch over or basically nothing.

I personally think it about 5% chance or less of happening i give it that much because rock star stated that they didn't like the limitations of a dvd.

But wouldn't that be just epic.

I thought it was already settled that there is no way ps3 will pass 360 now.

On Topic- They would never do it especially considering GTA IV on 360 did noticably better than the PS3 version.

Here's what Sam Houser actually said from a 1up interview that lead to some speculation that it might go PS3 exclusive:

"One of the problems with the 360, and it affects games like Grand Theft Auto if you think about how much content we put in the actual machine, is the fact that they don't have a significantly larger storage medium than the previous systems. It's a slightly bigger DVD disc. "
"I think that the 360 is going to have to get 'round this issue we're talking about. I can think of various ways they can do it. Hopefully, they're going to adopt one of those in the next year or so, because it's going to become more of an issue. If we're filling up the disc right now, where are we going? It's not like our games are going to get any smaller. I think that issue's on the table with a bunch of games right now. I'm sure they'll come through with an intelligent solution."

I would have to wonder whats the solution? Larger hard drives so it's optional to pre-install 2nd and 3rd disks? Or have Microsoft not met their demands? Because Rockstar certainly has them, 'with a bunch of games on the table' I'm assuming LA Noire and maybe Agent? This interview is from right after GTA 4 launched.

PullusPardus said:
its not cause they are not exclusives its just Rockstar are doing the same stuff over and over again , and GTAIV removed all the stuff i liked about San Andreas.

Hot Coffee Mod?

XD

JKJK, yeah, I was never a GTA fan, but I had played the old ones a couple times, and now I look at the new one and I hate how it's all realistic now...

Microsoft wouldn't let this happen.

4 ≈ One

L.C.E.C. said:
PullusPardus said:

Hot Coffee Mod?

XD

JKJK, yeah, I was never a GTA fan, but I had played the old ones a couple times, and now I look at the new one and I hate how it's all realistic now...

well the most important thing they removed is FUN.

other than that, Planes, Towns, Villages,  Split Screen (kinda) , Chaos , Fun , not boring missions , costumizable Cars , HUGE map , funny moments , underwater gameplay, bikes , awesome sidequests (i loved that marathon quest it was freaking awesome) ,  Fun.

i can go on but i forgot how many things they removed from it. but they are many.

they did add phones (which is annoying)