By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Grand Theft Auto 5 Playstation 3 exclusive.

GTA4 was the worst in the franchise, hands down. And i think they need to find something new, cus another GTA game would just be for the sake of milking it.

Around the Network

Well mabey if they made a game exclusive and took all their time one version it would have been better. Also didn't mean to make it fact in the title just saying it would be awesome in my opinion.

Saying I am trying to stir up trouble is your opinion, so who cares.

3rd parties have no reason to go exclusive unless the tech between consoles is large enough (wii vs PS3/X360). Even then lots of 3rd parties just downgrade the games for the lesser definition console and even handhelds (diff games really) OR if they are paid large sums.

The best way for consoles to differentiate themselves is with 1st party games. Which is what they are doing.

GTA will only be PS3 exclusive if SONY basically pays for the entire cost of making the game.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Barozi said:

- They already have a multiplat engine running.
- Even if they would make a bigger game or even a new engine, the costs would be far above $100.000.000. But the sales will be far less.
- GTA was never exclusive

That's a good point that not too many people realize... every single version of GTA has been brought to at least one other console and/or is also available on the PC.  The reason GTA III did so much for PS2 sales was because it was the first of the series to be fully realized in 3-D, and it pioneered the open world "sandbox" type games that are now pretty commonplace, but it also was available on the PC and was eventually ported to the original Xbox along with Vice City 2 years later.

So yeah, no way in hell GTA5 is system-exclusive... I honestly doubt it would even be a timed exclusive, because that would cut into the potential sales of the game and would lose R* potential revenue.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
MAFKKA said:
GTA4 was the worst in the franchise, hands down. And i think they need to find something new, cus another GTA game would just be for the sake of milking it.

That's what avqman means.

Unless you didn't notice, a whole new package of GTA content is out by October. But who cares, right? After all is a 360 exclusive. So, it has to be the worst out there...

epinefridis said:
MAFKKA said:

Unless you didn't notice, a whole new package of GTA content is out by October. But who cares, right? After all is a 360 exclusive. So, it has to be the worst out there...

Didnt say the DLC was the worst ever, now did i? I said GTA4 was the worst in the franchise, and last time i looked, it wasnt exclusive. Fanboy much?

MAFKKA said:
epinefridis said:
MAFKKA said:

Didnt say the DLC was the worst ever, now did i? I said GTA4 was the worst in the franchise, and last time i looked, it wasnt exclusive. Fanboy much?

I think so...

And last time I looked, the expansion IS exclusive...

What drugs are you people on? Im not talking exclusive expansions or DLC.. im talking about GTA 4, the last installment of the game franchise, being the worst GTA game of them all. And with a reply to the OP that they need to come up with something new, and that GTA5 wouldnt do the fans anything good.

Say no to drugs, and stay in school.

This is never happening for several obvious reasons so obvious I'm not going to name them.

I will just leave you with this graph:

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Grand+Theft+Auto+IV+-+PS3&reg2=All&game2=Grand+Theft+Auto+IV+-+X360&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective