By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon is of the devil...

Pocket Demons? Seriously?

It's things like this that make me glad I'm an atheist.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
DaBuddahN said:
theprof00 said:
DaBuddahN said:

Yes, and the days of creation also say that "light" as in "sunlight" appeared before the sun was actually created.. I'm sorry but the Bible is NO reference on evolution, period.

Why does it have to be sunlight? It doesn't say anything about sunlight...Wasn't there the big bang? and then the sun and planets formed?

Seems like that follows perfectly...

No, because it says the Earth was formed, then the skies and the stars were the last thing to form. So like... Earth > Big Bang? I rofl.

The bible was written so humans could understand it at the time. If you read it, it says that the earth was "formless", so maybe it's not talking about the earth at all, but the mass that was the explosion, or maybe the two seperate dimensions of heaven and earth? Keep in mind that hell was not formed until after the fall out between God and Lucifer, which is now considered another dimension by many Christians.

agreed... kind of. I wouldn't have gone into the dimension stuff, but simply state that the earth and heaven were separate. After separating the heavens and the earth, God created *FLASH BIG BANG* light.

Anyway, I think PVR is much more sinister than pokemon.

If anything, Pokemon is evil because you trap small animals in tiny prisons and force them to fight and endure pain until they are victorious or unconscious, and you put them IN A COMPUTER when you don't want them. You sometimes even keep these unconscious animals inside their prisons for HOURS before reviving them by, again, putting them into a computer.

@Kantor That is stretching it as well. The Pokemon don't seem to be "forced" nor do they seem to be in pain.

Kantor said:
If anything, Pokemon is evil because you trap small animals in tiny prisons and force them to fight and endure pain until they are victorious or unconscious, and you put them IN A COMPUTER when you don't want them. You sometimes even keep these unconscious animals inside their prisons for HOURS before reviving them by, again, putting them into a computer.

and?

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
@Kantor That is stretching it as well. The Pokemon don't seem to be "forced" nor do they seem to be in pain.

Obviously not, it's a children's game!

Just when you analyse it, you see how terrible it is.

Not that they're bad games, because I love Pokemon. They're just...horrible D=

Craan said:
Kantor said:

and?

And it's awesome.

Kantor said:
sc94597 said:

Obviously not, it's a children's game!

Just when you analyse it, you see how terrible it is.

Not that they're bad games, because I love Pokemon. They're just...horrible D=

Ah, and yet everyone hates that Michael Vick can play football after ~2 years in prison.

I was bat shit about pokemon as a young'un.
I even remember my parents debating it:
Mom: "Are you sure we should let him buy these pokemon things?"
Dad: "Well it isn't that violent, and it's good natured, so why not. Nobody else seems to have a problem with it."

I really don't know how people could be offended or scared of it. It was a cool social activity as well.
Other than the lack of "evolution" in the gameplay department. I guess it's fun if you are younger though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I'm guessing evolution... Seems like the most likely reason.

4 ≈ One