By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon is of the devil...

Apparently... This is an old subject that started back when Pokemon was EVERYWHERE here in the states I had a few friends that played/collected the cards and games but then stopped cause their parents brainwashed them into believing it was satanic and the first time I heard this come from one of their mouths I thought it was a joke. 

Fast forward to yesterday I was helping out a customer buying 2 new DSi's for his daughters, he was asking for game suggestions, I listed off a good number of things and I told him Pokemon both boys and girls like a lot and and he's like "oh no Pokemon it's of the devil" and I'm going o_O and I really didn't know how to react or continue suggesting games to him. 

But this has made me think, who still believes pokemon is of the devil?  And on top of that how did this even start all those years ago?  The only thing I could possibly see pokemon going against beliefs is the kids that pretty much worshiped the series and that would go against false idols but still not "of the devil"

Anyone else have answers to any of this/any experiences of their own related to this?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

why didn't you sell him a ps3, you fanboy?

jk, I think parents who don't have any real control over their parents use satan as a scapegoat into getting their children not to do something. That game will drain away your time and life, and it's incredibly addictive. They are, for the most part, amazing games.

Im Christian( though not Radicl so it didnt bug me) and huge thing with Pokemon is it teaches "Evolution" a taboo theory in Christian religion.

I remember something like that when I heard rumors which says: the word 'Pokemon' means 'satan' or 'devil' and we shall bycott it. and it worked !

anyway, this might differ from place to another.

yeah, i do remember those the devil things, when the tv said it i was like "WTF" then all the kids started hating it and throwing away their collections.
and me....
lets say i got alot of free things from them >.>
the media is stupid and only sheep follows the sheep.

Around the Network

omg, this is all about evolution? give it up! evolution is fact!

Xxain said:
Im Christian( though not Radicl so it didnt bug me) and huge thing with Pokemon is it teaches "Evolution" a taboo theory in Christian religion.

Pokémon "evolution" is nothing like the scientific theory of evolution. If Mario's somersault was renamed "Biblical Flood Didn't Happen" in all game text would you not buy that too?

I found the idea that parents thought Magic The Gathering was Witch-Craft better...

Former something....

^ wheter it is or not is not the issue...in religion anything that goes against the teachings is the devil...now IM not saying i just givin insight to why Pokemon is hated among different religions

Lol evolution is the reason? That's the same reason for uproar over Spore... I'm Christian and a big believer to boot but come on science and Christianity can go hand in hand together, people take the Bible that was written by man a little too literal at times... especially after some things have been completely taken out to accommodate certain rulers over the years.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000