By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon is of the devil...

woah peeps...dont attack me, u ask for the reason,u got it

Around the Network

Religions dont want us to grow up?
oh.

Because religion is fanatical, and they will find a reason to hate anything that becomes too big for their taste. It taught "evolution" and "reincarnation" according to some Christian websites. And What Xxain said is correct, evolution is taboo in many judeo-christian religions, many Christian schools opt not to teach it, and when these students go to college, if they do, they end up going to some Christian college where professors teach evolution in a very discreet way, no need to say, debating the subject in one of these Universities is grounds for expulsion.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Lol evolution is the reason? That's the same reason for uproar over Spore... I'm Christian and a big believer to boot but come on science and Christianity can go hand in hand together, people take the Bible that was written by man a little too literal at times... especially after some things have been completely taken out to accommodate certain rulers over the years.

What I don't understand is how this whole debate got out of control.

The Bible has the days of creation, and they follow very closely in the order in which evolution actually happened, assuming dinos really did become birds. Why couldn't they just hold hands and agree on it. They could have just said that a day to us was like a few hundred million years to god.

It's so stupid, and typical of the church to be so short-sighted on the bigger picture.

Seriously, the days of creation is near exact in the order of animal appearance.

Soleron said:
Xxain said:
Im Christian( though not Radicl so it didnt bug me) and huge thing with Pokemon is it teaches "Evolution" a taboo theory in Christian religion.

Pokémon "evolution" is nothing like the scientific theory of evolution. If Mario's somersault was renamed "Biblical Flood Didn't Happen" in all game text would you not buy that too?

LOL man that made me laugh really hard

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Lol evolution is the reason? That's the same reason for uproar over Spore... I'm Christian and a big believer to boot but come on science and Christianity can go hand in hand together, people take the Bible that was written by man a little too literal at times... especially after some things have been completely taken out to accommodate certain rulers over the years.

The Bible has the days of creation, and they follow very closely in the order in which evolution actually happened, assuming dinos really did become birds. Why couldn't they just hold hands and agree on it. They could have just said that a day to us was like a few hundred million years to god.

It's so stupid, and typical of the church to be so short-sighted on the bigger picture.

Seriously, the days of creation is near exact in the order of animal appearance.

Yes, and the days of creation also say that "light" as in "sunlight" appeared before the sun was actually created.. I'm sorry but the Bible is NO reference on evolution, period.

evolution? thats a poor excuse. we all know god flew a meteor or two at earth and created adam and eve to make perfect babies until they sinned by eating a fruit and we all got screwed.

But no really thats weird max, thats so year 2000 and 2001.

Same here though have my own religion and my parents that they were pockect monsters at the time, it was mainly my aunti who was nuts about it saying some pokemon was evil but meh.

DaBuddahN said:
theprof00 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Yes, and the days of creation also say that "light" as in "sunlight" appeared before the sun was actually created.. I'm sorry but the Bible is NO reference on evolution, period.

Why does it have to be sunlight? It doesn't say anything about sunlight...Wasn't there the big bang? and then the sun and planets formed?

Seems like that follows perfectly...

Xxain said:
Im Christian( though not Radicl so it didnt bug me) and huge thing with Pokemon is it teaches "Evolution" a taboo theory in Christian religion.

No it's not, the majority of Christians believe the theory.

theprof00 said:
DaBuddahN said:
theprof00 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Why does it have to be sunlight? It doesn't say anything about sunlight...Wasn't there the big bang? and then the sun and planets formed?

Seems like that follows perfectly...

No, because it says the Earth was formed, then the skies and the stars were the last thing to form. So like... Earth > Big Bang? I rofl.