By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon is of the devil...

I threw all of my pokemon things because of the devil stuff :S, now in the future I realize that it was ok to leave pokemon but it was not the right reason. I only can laugh, and cry because I could have sell that merchandise.

F.U. Fun University.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@naraku, the point is, the church could have translated it in a metaphorical way that coincided with science and evolution but instead chose to look like retards once again. Remember when the earth was the center of everything?

What do you mean by this?  The New Testament is about 2000 years old and the Old Testament is much older than that.  Science is really only about 500 years old.  There is no way the authors of the Bible could have made the Bible coincide with science.

Do you mean that the interpretations of the Bible stories should be changed to coincide with science?  If so, it is not as easy as it sounds.  Religions are generally resistant to change.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Yea there were a bunch of radical fundamentalist christian outbursts during its popularity that said because of it's link to "evolution" that obviously it's created by the devil. Same people who wrote things like this complain about violence in video games and other games that have references to other such themes and characters. It's really quite sad but most fundamentalist are indeed disturbing in many areas. Yet unfortunately their logical fallacies for everything seem to make it more on the public level than the logical ones telling them how wrong they are. Oh well.

theprof00 said:
@naraku, the point is, the church could have translated it in a metaphorical way that coincided with science and evolution but instead chose to look like retards once again. Remember when the earth was the center of everything?

Yes, because the Vatican condemned Galeleo Galilei because of his foundings of heavenly bodies (planets), and said that the Earth revolved around the Sun. It wasn't until Pope John Paul II did an investigation to later prove that the Vatican was wrong in condemning Galileo as religion has to also look towards science for a few things (astronomy, ecosystems, and now evolution in some forms).

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

What do you mean by this?  The New Testament is about 2000 years old and the Old Testament is much older than that.  Science is really only about 500 years old.  There is no way the authors of the Bible could have made the Bible coincide with science.

Do you mean that the interpretations of the Bible stories should be changed to coincide with science?  If so, it is not as easy as it sounds.  Religions are generally resistant to change.

I mean that the church should have made an official statement way back saying that the days of creation is not literal. They could have said that it actually was millions and millions of years and coincided with evolution because the pattern in the days of creation is close to the actual appearance of animals according to evolution.

They could have used that in showing just how real the Bible is because it correctly listed the sequence of animal appearance even though it was 2000+ years ago.

they were completely right. fish and birds, and then mammals and humans. Birds is correct because dinosaurs became birds or were the ancestors to birds. They do leave out reptiles, but whatever, it's a 2000 year old book.