By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holiday Grudge Match Uncharted 2 vs Left For Dead 2 Who Will Sell More!?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
L4D2 will sell much more, unless you're just talking about the 360 SKU, in which case, it isn't relevant, because the game is spread out over multiple platforms, and U2 isn't.

It's called cherrypicking, and it's used to illustrate a point that is incorrect.

I think its pretty clear by the boxart in the OP that we are talking just the 360 version. And it is relevant because we are comparing two Console exclusives, both of which sold roughly the same in their first appearance. So it makes for an interesting debate, why does this upset you?

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Well, as it stands now, U2 has 59k preorders in America compared to 58k for L4D2.

Uncharted 2 WILL be much bigger in Others.

The first Uncharted outsold the first L4D.

In conclusion, Uncharted 2 > L4D2

:)

Left 4 Dead has sold 2.3 million so far

after the same amount of weeks from launch as Left 4 Dead, Uncharted was at about 1.6 million.

Uncharted 2, hands-down.

Easily Uncharted 2, considering Sony will most likely bundle this is some form and we'll likely see retail with Uncharted 2 deals as its a first party game.

It should also be noted that the Pre-order charts for L4D2 and U2 is almost neck and neck, considering that the First L4D had more than 80% of its sale in NA (whereas U2 sold more in Others than in NA), this is a good indication that U2 should perform above L4D2 worldwide.

Uncharted will do a 3.5mil lifetime...l4d2 will probably see 2-3mil lifetime.

Around the Network

This is a hard one.

But im going to say lost planet 2 > Both.

If you are just talking about the 360 version of L4D2 vs. Uncharted 2, then it could be close in worldwide sales, but if you factor in the PC version of L4D, then there is no comparison... it would blow Uncharted 2 out of the water!

Still, if the sales for just the 360 version are anything to go by, then L4D2 should top Uncharted 2 without much of a problem.... Uncharted has been out more than a year longer than L4D, and it's only leading L4D 360 by 150k units in worldwide sales between the two.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

LOL at the L4D sales figure cause that's only the 360 sales... add in PC and L4D stomped Uncharted which has been a bundle with PS3s for a while...

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Left+4+Dead+-+X360&reg2=All&game2=Uncharted%3A+Drakes+Fortune+-+PS3&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

The chart clearly shows where L4D has outsold Uncharted when you line up the weeks, factor in that second spike in Uncharted is the PS3 bundling, and L4D is unbundled and 360 sales alone are toe to toe with Uncharted L4D has outsold Uncharted easy, and L4D2 will likely try to push those sales again.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

L4D2 x360 will be fairly close to Uncharted 2 worldwide, I'd still give the edge to L4D2 because it's a sequel to a popular new IP that's found a sizable audience on the x360. L4D2 will have better legs. Generally, the x360 has no problem pushing software where ps3 exclusive software just seems to underperform. The only scenario where I see UC2 beating L4D2 is after bundling.

L4D2 PC + L4D2 x360 > Uncharted 2, absolutely no contest

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Okay lets be real here, Xbox 360 exclusives always sell more on 360! (except VC > IU among many others. )