By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holiday Grudge Match Uncharted 2 vs Left For Dead 2 Who Will Sell More!?

Uncharted 2

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Around the Network

L4D2 has a VERY VERY hard competition this year. MW2 and Halo ODST are 2 awesome games.

I think Uncharted 2 might win, it is 1st party AND it has no competition in its genre this year on the PS3.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Uncharted 2 will sell more.

u2 all the way

More like Uncharted 2 -vs- Halo ODST, who will sell more? Left 4 Dead 2 isn't the big name game this holiday. Halo ODST is.

People are also forgetting that Uncharted was bundled for like 8 months. Left 4 Dead was never bundled, but still sold 2.35 million, while Uncharted only sold 2.50 million, even while bundled. That's not at all impressive. Halo: ODST is going to squash Uncharted 2.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

More like Uncharted 2 -vs- Halo ODST, who will sell more? Left 4 Dead 2 isn't the big name game this holiday. Halo ODST is.

People are also forgetting that Uncharted was bundled for like 8 months. Left 4 Dead was never bundled, but still sold 2.35 million, while Uncharted only sold 2.50 million, even while bundled. That's not at all impressive. Halo: ODST is going to squash Uncharted 2.

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:

Um the whole point of this thread is because both side has a chance of winning... no one is gonna take a sucker bet like Uncharted 2 against  Halo ODST except for delusional fanboys.

And yes Uncharted was bundled and release 1 year earlier and if you look at sale right now L4D is beating it by a 5k vs 8k margin per week. Which means that it should thereotically overtake it in a year.

Against this is the fact that Uncharted 2 will also likely be bundled, on top of that it will also be part of many many deals due to the fact that its a first party game and finally, Uncharted is now an established franchise with a growing fanbase.

So again the fight is fair and thus fun to argue about, which is why this thread exist while a thread about U2 vs Halo ODST will have most of the poster laughing at the stupidity of the OP.

mibuokami said:
XanderZane said:

Um the whole point of this thread is because both side has a chance of winning... no one is gonna take a sucker bet like Uncharted 2 against  Halo ODST except for delusional fanboys.

And yes Uncharted was bundled and release 1 year earlier and if you look at sale right now L4D is beating it by a 5k vs 8k margin per week. Which means that it should thereotically overtake it in a year.

Against this is the fact that Uncharted 2 will also likely be bundled, on top of that it will also be part of many many deals due to the fact that its a first party game and finally, Uncharted is now an established franchise with a growing fanbase.

So again the fight is fair and thus fun to argue about, which is why this thread exist while a thread about U2 vs Halo ODST will have most of the poster laughing at the stupidity of the OP.

The fight is not fair if one game is BUNDLED and the other isn't. How do you figure that is fair? LOL!! If uncharted 2 gets bundle and Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't, how is that a fair comparison. Yes, I was laughing at the OP on this. I actually thought this was a joke thread. Left 4 Dead 2 didn't even start with strong sales, it built up over time mainly. Forza 3 and Uncharted 2 might be a fairer comparison as both of these titles will most likely be bundled and Forza 2, like Uncharted was actually bundled. That would make more sense.

'gaming till I'm gone'

L4D2 because it's on PC/Xbox360

I really don't see the point in comparing these games. They are completely different genres. This whole 'fair fight' argument is stupid, since one can take any two games out of thousands and do the same type of comparison, but to what end?

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.