By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holiday Grudge Match Uncharted 2 vs Left For Dead 2 Who Will Sell More!?

CGI-Quality said:
jadakiss1217 said:

Uncharted 2

Although I slightly agree with this prediction, because Unchaterd 1 and L4D1 were so close, I'm LOVIN' the sig, although, you may want to shorten it.

If by close you mean nowhere near...I totally agree...

/fail

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:

According to the Data posted by VGCz Uncharted 2.50 m vs L4D 2.35 m
Uncharted was bundled with every ps3 sku after the game hit shelves and VGCz counts Bundle sales toward the games total sales...L4D has never been bundled....

/Fail

Why do people continue to question the method when all thats asked for is your opinion of the end result.

Ok think of it this way, who is gonna when in a fight between Mike Tyson and Zizzla_Rachet: Mike will beat the shit out of Zizzla and bite his ear off just for laugh, it's a sucker bet.

Who will win between Mike Tyson an Zizzla with a bat?: Zizzla_Now stands a chance because that bat sure looks mighty mean and one lucky hit will smack Tyson a new one, still mike Tyson can still catch you off guard and own your ass; a fair match? No, but its certainly more competitive in that sense and hence more 'fair'.

This isn't a proper analogy since Uncharted 2 will definitely have a fighting chance even without bundle the point is even with the percieved advantage both sides got a case to argue.

MAFKKA said:
Its a bit unfair imo. It sure is...A game from 2007 is reported with bundles at 250 mil and a game with less than a year and no bundles is reported at 2.35 mil...

Uncharted 1 = People thought it was another Tomb Raider game. And they were not wrong.
L4D1 = People hyped it up because it looked like a fun and great horror co-op game. And it sold 2.35 mil in less than a year...Wait for it...When you align the luanches...Yes..../Fail indeed

Uncharted 2 = People was taken by surprise with U1 and found the best story ever in a videogame. And around 750k NA Ps3 owners agreed or disagreed since they bought the game....the rest of NA sales are reports from Bundles...Awwwww....Others much?
L4D2 = People got dissapointed with the lack of support, no story and it got repetetive. Errmm....PC gamers sure did get all fuzzed about it..I would love to know what the steam sales for the game were after the attempted boycott...As for Xbox 360 gamers...LOL! What boycott? and as to your coment on it's story...what story?...this is not some cinematic game using motion capture and all other sorts of  smoke and mirrors...You Shoot teh Zomb1z..

By those standards, Uncharted 2 is bound to win. Though the 360 always have a strong holiday and a greater userbase that tend to like those kinds of games. Which might give Uncharted 2 a run for its money. Not might son....it will...And yes...I exclude PC froms this...

Uncharted 2, for a number of reasons.

Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing a year after the first.
Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing close to the 2 biggest FPS of the year, ODST and MW2.
Left 4 Dead only sold well in 1 region, its unlikely the 2nd will suddenly get a surge from Others.

Uncharted 2 is releasing in a bleak period (as far as i know) for PS3 games.
Uncharted 2 is releasing quite close to the Slim.
Uncharted had good sales in both NA and Others.
Uncharted 2 has won more awards from E3 than any other game. (Maybe not Scribblenauts... not sure)
Sony have finally started advertising.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
MAFKKA said:
Its a bit unfair imo. It sure is...A game from 2007 is reported with bundles at 250 mil and a game with less than a year and no bundles is reported at 2.35 mil...

Uncharted 1 = People thought it was another Tomb Raider game. And they were not wrong.
L4D1 = People hyped it up because it looked like a fun and great horror co-op game. And it sold 2.35 mil in less than a year...Wait for it...When you align the luanches...Yes..../Fail indeed

Uncharted 2 = People was taken by surprise with U1 and found the best story ever in a videogame. And around 750k NA Ps3 owners agreed or disagreed since they bought the game....the rest of NA sales are reports from Bundles...Awwwww....Others much?
L4D2 = People got dissapointed with the lack of support, no story and it got repetetive. Errmm....PC gamers sure did get all fuzzed about it..I would love to know what the steam sales for the game were after the attempted boycott...As for Xbox 360 gamers...LOL! What boycott? and as to your coment on it's story...what story?...this is not some cinematic game using motion capture and all other sorts of  smoke and mirrors...You Shoot teh Zomb1z..

By those standards, Uncharted 2 is bound to win. Though the 360 always have a strong holiday and a greater userbase that tend to like those kinds of games. Which might give Uncharted 2 a run for its money. Not might son....it will...And yes...I exclude PC froms this...

Will you shut up about bundles?
Wii Sports has been and is bundled with every Wii in NA... and is classed as the best selling game of all time.
Guess what? Its sequel has just sold a fuck load.

And you are talking about aligned launches? Oh... my... god.

Guess what? PS3 > 360 in aligned launches. Does that mean that PS3 > 360 right now?

I can't wait until the Batman: AA numbers come in and i get your Avatar for a Month...

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

According to the Data posted by VGCz Uncharted 2.50 m vs L4D 2.35 m
Uncharted was bundled with every ps3 sku after the game hit shelves and VGCz counts Bundle sales toward the games total sales...L4D has never been bundled....

/Fail

Why do people continue to question the method when all thats asked for is your opinion of the end result. If you are trying to say that a free game witha console should count as a sale take your fight to the Doors of the NPD...As to VCGz doing it..I have no problem...the site works fine for me the way it is...IMO a game Bundled in Console..Is free..Since if you go to buy the console with the bundled game and it happens to be sold out, but the console with out the game is in stock at the same price as the one with the game bundle...Never Mind...

Ok think of it this way, who is gonna when in a fight between Mike Tyson and Zizzla_Rachet: Mike will beat the shit out of Zizzla and bite his ear off just for laugh, it's a sucker bet. Do I have to fight him in a Boxing match...Cuz if so...As I go down on the first punch I will take a page from Balrog's (Mike Bison) book and yell "Where's My Money!"

Who will win between Mike Tyson an Zizzla with a bat?: Zizzla_Now stands a chance because that bat sure looks mighty mean and one lucky hit will smack Tyson a new one, still mike Tyson can still catch you off guard and own your ass; a fair match? No, but its certainly more competitive in that sense and hence more 'fair'. I'm from the Dominican Republic...We are practically born with BaseBall Bats in our hands.

This isn't a proper analogy since Uncharted 2 will definitely have a fighting chance even without bundle the point is even with the percieved advantage both sides got a case to argue. You are trying to be fair..And I commend you...

Slay Dragons with SIR SNACKSALOT.

Carl2291 said:

Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing a year after the first.  CAll of Duty games set bad examples
Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing close to the 2 biggest FPS of the year, ODST and MW2. L4D2's competetive move is not FPS vs FPS...just to let you know..It's called a genre buster for a reason..
Left 4 Dead only sold well in 1 region, its unlikely the 2nd will suddenly get a surge from Others. Seems likely

Uncharted 2 is releasing in a bleak period (as far as i know) for PS3 games. Funny how PS3 fans on this site tout the PS3 holiday Line up with all these exclusives...And yet...your statements don't concur with them...
Uncharted 2 is releasing quite close to the Slim. Ummm..Ok...my Statements still stand
Uncharted had good sales in both NA and Others. yes good...But not as good as L4D had and as for others...Sure Uncharted did better..but the games are 15k apart and one has less than a year and never been bundled..
Uncharted 2 has won more awards from E3 than any other game. (Maybe not Scribblenauts... not sure)
Sony have finally started advertising. Hummm...ok..

I feel very confident that I have won our bet...

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:

Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing a year after the first.  CAll of Duty games set bad examples Left 4 Dead isn't nowhere near the same level as CoD
Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing close to the 2 biggest FPS of the year, ODST and MW2. L4D2's competetive move is not FPS vs FPS...just to let you know..It's call a genre buster for a reason.. Left 4 Dead isn't classed as an FPS now? Okay...
Left 4 Dead only sold well in 1 region, its unlikely the 2nd will suddenly get a surge from Others. Seems likely How?

Uncharted 2 is releasing in a bleak period (as far as i know) for PS3 games. Funny how PS3 fans on this site tout the PS3 holiday Line up with all these exclusives...And yet...your statements don't concur with them... Give me a few posts from "PS3 fans" where they say they have tons of games releasing around October. 
Uncharted 2 is releasing quite close to the Slim. Ummm..Ok...my Statements still stand You have nothing to say against this. So, what statements?
Uncharted had good sales in both NA and Others. yes good...But not as good as L4D had and as for others...Sure Uncharted did better..but the games are 15k apart and one has less than a year and never been bundled.. So? Uncharted is still sitting with more sales than L4D.
Sony have finally started advertising. Hummm...ok.. No, not ok. Fucking awesome are the words you was looking for.

I feel very confident that I have won our bet... Good, i hope to see your dreams and hopes shattered.

*sigh*

Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
MAFKKA said:

Will you shut up about bundles? Nope I have every right to use the NPD as a source as far as A sales go..
Wii Sports has been and is bundled with every Wii in NA... and is classed as the best selling game of all time. Not by the NPD..Outside of NA...it's open game for anyone and I'm fine with that.
Guess what? Its sequel has just sold a fuck load. Yeah I know...Which is why Xbox 360 fans never argue agaisnt the Wii(Atleast I don't)...some share their opinions..But those are a dime a dozen...

And you are talking about aligned launches? Oh... my... god. It's a BHR-3 thread...Notice the "Wait for it"....

Guess what? PS3 > 360 in aligned launches. Does that mean that PS3 > 360 right now? Ummm..Sure?

I can't wait until the Batman: AA numbers come in and i get your Avatar for a Month... Hehehe....I think not, but maybe you got it..

Carl2291 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:

Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing a year after the first.  CAll of Duty games set bad examples Left 4 Dead isn't nowhere near the same level as CoD Wow Second Debate to run out of Colors in this thread Konfirmed? I never said it was..I was just pointing out how frequent CoD games come around...
Left 4 Dead 2 is releasing close to the 2 biggest FPS of the year, ODST and MW2. L4D2's competetive move is not FPS vs FPS...just to let you know..It's call a genre buster for a reason.. Left 4 Dead isn't classed as an FPS now? Okay...Yes It's co-op is...But if you classify the  Vs mode as just and FPS(Which Is what I meant by competetive) then to each it's own...and yes..the game has been called a Genre buster
Left 4 Dead only sold well in 1 region, its unlikely the 2nd will suddenly get a surge from Others. Seems likely How? That your right.

Uncharted 2 is releasing in a bleak period (as far as i know) for PS3 games. Funny how PS3 fans on this site tout the PS3 holiday Line up with all these exclusives...And yet...your statements don't concur with them... Give me a few posts from "PS3 fans" where they say they have tons of games releasing around October. Look up my Finish the Fight Thread..It's locked I think...But My post history should lead you there if you are that interested..and that just an easy one..if you go in the MS forum and Comb it...Oh my...
Uncharted 2 is releasing quite close to the Slim. Ummm..Ok...my Statements still stand You have nothing to say against this. So, what statements?  My statements about the sales of the two games...
Uncharted had good sales in both NA and Others. yes good...But not as good as L4D had and as for others...Sure Uncharted did better..but the games are 15k apart and one has less than a year and never been bundled.. So? Uncharted is still sitting with more sales than L4D. If you count Bundled sales as retail sales then have it your way...I don't know about PS3 game bundles...But once upon a time Bundled games would come with a Not For Re-sale Warning on the back cover...any guesses why publishers did that?
Sony have finally started advertising. Hummm...ok.. No, not ok. Fucking awesome are the words you was looking for. Don't know what your talking about, I have seen TV and Street ads for every major PS3 games.Dating back to Ressitance..In NYC atleast...Have they become more agressive...I guess?

I feel very confident that I have won our bet... Good, i hope to see your dreams and hopes shattered. Hopes and Dreams?..over an Internet bet that is just for luaghs..?

*sigh*