By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holiday Grudge Match Uncharted 2 vs Left For Dead 2 Who Will Sell More!?

I'd say it could top at 4 million.

Finish up no lower than 2.5 million.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
I'd say it could top at 4 million.

Finish up no lower than 2.5 million.

4m!!!!!?....well that seems a bit high IMO but definitly not impossible specially if U2 gets proper marketing.

Mine would be around 2.5m-3m.

Wtf is that giant explosions of skittles wannabe in this thread? I almost died from an intact of so much colour. Don't you know this is the HD generation? Learn-2-Shade-of-Grey!

@Zizzla: unless you've given an actual opinion in the colour-coded mess (in which case I'd like you to repeat it as there is not way I reading that epilepsy bait, which game do you think will sell more in the end? Your measurement should come from VGC and you estimate should be akin to a prediction league guest... just out of curiousity...

themanwithnoname said:
ShadowSoldier said:
With the boycott and bad press that L4D has im going with Uncharted 2. Especially since the beta was so well received

A boycott of 10,000 people will have little impact on sales, nevermind everyone is a bit naive if you don't think some of those people will buy the game anyway. Nevermind that I haven't seen where it's gotten bad press.

err 40,000 people, which is game standards are is alot. 40k times $50 = 2 million dollars less revenue. Since Valve is the pubisher of the PC version they would normally take in all that instead of dividing it out to distributors, retailers, etc. That is a hard hit.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

mibuokami said:
Wtf is that giant explosions of skittles wannabe in this thread? I almost died from an intact of so much colour. Don't you know this is the HD generation? Learn-2-Shade-of-Grey!

@Zizzla: unless you've given an actual opinion in the colour-coded mess (in which case I'd like you to repeat it as there is not way I reading that epilepsy bait, which game do you think will sell more in the end? Your measurement should come from VGC and you estimate should be akin to a prediction league guest... just out of curiousity...

This thread was made becuase I said that IMO I thought L4D2 will outsell Uncharted 2.....If you read the OP and came to the conclusion that I had not stated which game I think will sell more in the end...

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
mibuokami said:

This thread was made becuase I said that IMO I thought L4D2 will outsell Uncharted 2.....If you read the OP and came to the conclusion that I had not stated which game I think will sell more in the end...

Lol shit, I didn't notice it was you hahaha

So in essence you think L4D2 is going to win but still consider this an unfair fight because of the percieve advantage that Uncharted 2 might have.

In Horseracing I'd call that a handycap - go on, don't be slack, you're confident you're going to win anyways so you might as well see how it pans out. (That is unless you initial comment only comes into effect on the non-bundle sale of both titles?)

ssj12 said:
themanwithnoname said:
ShadowSoldier said:
With the boycott and bad press that L4D has im going with Uncharted 2. Especially since the beta was so well received

A boycott of 10,000 people will have little impact on sales, nevermind everyone is a bit naive if you don't think some of those people will buy the game anyway. Nevermind that I haven't seen where it's gotten bad press.

err 40,000 people, which is game standards are is alot. 40k times $50 = 2 million dollars less revenue. Since Valve is the pubisher of the PC version they would normally take in all that instead of dividing it out to distributors, retailers, etc. That is a hard hit.

And again, if you really think none of those people will buy the game, you are being naive.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
ssj12 said:
themanwithnoname said:
ShadowSoldier said:

And again, if you really think none of those people will buy the game, you are being naive.

Yes because the boycott is due to people thinking L4D isn't being supported enough... but then when L4D2 comes out has a lot of bitchin updates and balances out the game to where it can be more competitive they'll go "oh thats why Valve made a brand new game" cause all the changes to L4D2 is more then an add-on can give without changing the game completely. 

It's about like people boycotting Ubisoft "RAWR THEY'RE A TERRIBLE DEVELOPER! RED STEEL WAS SHIT! RAWR!" *few months later* "OMG RED STEEL 2 IS AMAZING FIRST DAY BUY!" it's petty and stupid... which is why none of these boycotts work ever.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

mibuokami said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
mibuokami said:

So in essence you think L4D2 is going to win  1 but still consider this an unfair fight because of the percieve advantage that Uncharted 2 might have.

In Horseracing I'd call that a handycap - go on, don't be slack, you're confident you're going to win anyways so you might as well see how it pans out. 2 (That is unless you initial comment only comes into effect on the non-bundle sale of both titles?)

1.What are you talking about?....

2.I don't want to get into this argument of bundles...take it how you want...BHR-3 started this whole Drakes Fortune vs L4D biznez...Not me...And as far as that goes..One game was bundled the other was not..I never included PC Sales or Steam in my points...and that's how the cookie crumbles...So...if you want to count bundles, should I be allowed to count PC sales and Steam?...I'm not even looking for an answer...As i had nothing to do with the two first games being pitted agaisnt each other......But while on topic...they happen to be 150k apart with Uncharted having many months ahead of it.....when L4D get's cheaper at retail(new for Xbox 360)...150k is not problable...?

Zizzla_Rachet said:
mibuokami said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
mibuokami said:

So in essence you think L4D2 is going to win  1 but still consider this an unfair fight because of the percieve advantage that Uncharted 2 might have.

In Horseracing I'd call that a handycap - go on, don't be slack, you're confident you're going to win anyways so you might as well see how it pans out. 2 (That is unless you initial comment only comes into effect on the non-bundle sale of both titles?)

1.What are you talking about?....

2.I don't want to get into this argument of bundles...take it how you want...BHR-3 started this whole Drakes Fortune vs L4D biznez...Not me...And as far as that goes..One game was bundled the other was not..I never included PC Sales or Steam in my points...and that's how the cookie crumbles...So...if you want to count bundles, should I be allowed to count PC sales and Steam?...I'm not even looking for an answer...As i had nothing to do with the two first games being pitted agaisnt each other......But while on topic...they happen to be 150k apart with Uncharted having many months ahead of it.....when L4D get's cheaper at retail(new for Xbox 360)...150k is not problable...?

No, I'm asking that when you made that statement (L4D2 > Uncharted 2), where you simply stating that in a sterile environment where no outside factors in taken into account, L4D2 will sell more than Uncharted 2? Or did you make that comment with the full knowledge that as a first party blockbuster for the holiday season, there is virtually NO chance that Uncharted 2 will not be part of some special bundle in some way or other both officially from Sony and unofficially from from specific stores? And that despite these percieve advantages, L4D2 will still be the winner?

So again did your statement as copied by the OP meant:

*Premise A: Left4Dead 2 for the 360 will beat Uncharted 2 if no bundle or special deals are present for the later (thus an unrealistic premise)

or

*Premise B: Left4Dead 2 for the 360 will beat Uncharted 2 irregardless of any bundle or special deal, they can throw in the kitchen-sink but L4D2 will still win.

Does that make more sense? Sorry I'm sick and taking medecine that makes me drowsy so half my typing looks like noodle to me :/

And as for your question regarding the sale of L4D and Uncharted, you will note that I explained earlier than L4D weekly sale is actually beating Uncharted by 8k vs 5k margin, which means that if nothing change, it will eventually outsell Uncharted 1. This is one of the counter-rebuttal I propose to myself to validate that L4D2 is competitive against Uncharted 2 and its not just a one-sided beat-down like a fight between Halo ODST and Uncharted 2 sales-wise.

There are plenty of variable that both side will argue that gives one side an unfair advantage. Did you know that Uncharted has been a platnum game in Europe for more than 1 year? That could be another factor some call 'unfair' when counting sale and conclude that L4D is actually more popular and the stronger franchise.

In my mind non of these factors should matter with regards to this guessing game because all the should matter is end result. Both game will come onto the market at about the same time but one will come in with some additional force behind it in the form of better marketing, likely bundle in part of Europe, and more than one special offer from stores, but in the end, I suspect that both game will garner similiar sale and while I believe Uncharted 2 will sell more, there is more than enough margin-of-error for L4D2 to win.