By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So what is the bast value/quality Blu Ray player in the $500.00 range?

I know you don't want a PS3, but I just wanted to throw it out there that if you were already planning on spending ~$500, you could just grab two of them for $600 and use one for gaming and one for movies.

I don't know anything about standalone BD players, but here is a link to all of CNET's BD player reviews: http://reviews.cnet.com/home-video-reviews/?filter=500922_106259_&tag=contentMain;contentBody

hopefully you'll be able to find something you like in there. (825 reviews??! wow....)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

Buy a PS3, buy a big ass warranty at a store, and you are set.

The PS3 is N-O-T an option for me, as stated in this thread. Stating the PS3 does absolutely nothing to change my mind, so stop bothering.

Everything in life is an option (as long as you can afford it). You just don't want the PS3 for personal reasons. Anyway...I think it is a bit stupid on your behalf to be asking what the best value Blu Ray Player is on this website. Most people here own a Blu Ray player in the form of a PS3.

Asking this question is also stupid. If I were you, I would research it on the internet, then go into some stores and ask the guys working there.

D_Boy said:
Everything in life is an option (as long as you can afford it). You just don't want the PS3 for personal reasons. Anyway...I think it is a bit stupid on your behalf to be asking what the best value Blu Ray Player is on this website. Most people here own a Blu Ray player in the form of a PS3.

Asking this question is also stupid. If I were you, I would research it on the internet, then go into some stores and ask the guys working there.

Why do you feel the need to ridicule someone not wanting a product? I think it is "stupid" to continually post about a PS3, when the PS3 was left out of the thread specifically. Go post where your opinions are needed. This is NOT a PS3 thread!

Around the Network

Well whatever...I don't want to pull out the big guns and get banned for derailing thread and insulting a member. My point is...say Blu Ray Player on a Video Game Site...people will say PS3, especially right now with the new price reduced Slim.

You are asking a site full of PS3 fans for " best value " $500 dollars blu-ray player. LMAO

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Playing games puts more strain on the PS3 optical drive than a movie would, anyway.

Guys its not that hard. He wants a Blu Ray player that is not the PS3 he made that perfectly clear. You are doing nothing to help him. If you can't then post.

Cnet provides a list of good Blu players in your range I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

On a side note, I want the best console for gaming, but I do NOT want a PS3, 360, or Wii. If you post one of those, I will yell at you.

Come on man. Don't ask what the best BR player is (when it's the PS3), and then get mad when people say PS3.

Some people will come to this thread thinking you feel that people are saying PS3 for all it's other purposes, when that's not the case.

If regardless of what you bought, you would do nothing other then put movies into it, and play them constantly, the best BR only playing device you can buy is a PS3.

You asked for the best. Don't get pissed when people tell you what it is. Just ask for the second best, or the best non-PS3 player.