By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts Week 34 (2009). Wolfenstein debuts.

ioi should do this more often, and leak out some of his data =P

mM
Around the Network

any info on how well it sold on PC?

MontanaHatchet said:
"For a new ip from a unknown party."

That doesn't cut it. With HD development costs, that's a flop.

I meant that the numbers aren't okay for Wolfenstein because it isn't "From a new ip from a unknown party."

Wolfenstein is supposed to be huge for it's history. These numbers are bad or a flop.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I guess the FPS world has moved on. Wolfenstein created the genre, but Halo took it to a new level (I guess, not having played it myself). I guess Wolfenstein didn't step up.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

MontanaHatchet said:
"For a new ip from a unknown party."

That doesn't cut it. With HD development costs, that's a flop.

I don't know if id call it a flop jsut yet. Keep in mind that this is done with ID Tech 4 engine...same engine that powered Doom 3 5 years ago. The visuals are outdated and one can tell. Carmack announced that when ID5 engine comes out in a year, ID Tech 4 source will be released for free... So I don't think there are many dev costs associated with this game. Just man hours of work...

The game is pretty fun though. Love the supernatural mixed in with WW2.

Around the Network

Wii Sports Resort will stay at #1 before Batman. If the Dark Knight can't do it then will have to wait for another month for Halo ODST to do the nasty.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

UK is up on the chart track site (I'll let the op update).

WSR beats out Wolf in the all formats (though Wolf is on 360, PS3 and PC). no big news on these charts though and the PS3 price cut doesn't seem to have had much impact on older PS3 SW (excpet COD WAW which got a big boost on PS3 but due to price promotion as stated in the accompanying article).

Must say that WSR seems to be the seller Nintendo was hoping it would be. Wonder what Christmas will look like for it, it is so appealing to all Wii owners.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

UK

Chart-Track's news (on the All-Format chart) :

Wii Sports Resort Keeps Wolfenstein at Bay

24/Aug/2009

Nintendo were only taking a short break from No1 in the All Formats Chart. After 2 weeks of watching ‘Ashes Cricket 2009’ take top spot, ‘Wii Sports Resort’ (-12%) climbs one place back to No1, pipping Activision-Blizzard’s newcomer ‘Wolfenstein’ by 2,000 sales.

Nintendo have now claimed the No1 spot in the All Formats Chart for an impressive 15 weeks so far this year. By way of consolation, Activision-Blizzard’s resurrection of the classic ‘Wolfenstein’ franchise takes the No1 position on the PS3, 360 and PC charts. Codemasters’ ‘Ashes Cricket 2009’ is bowled out, forced to settle for No3 in the All Formats batting order after a 56% drop in sales. Activision-Blizzard now matches Nintendo with 3 titles in the All Formats Top 10 this week, boosted by price promotions on ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (+ 36%) which jumps 2 places to No5 and ‘Prototype’ (-10%) sneaking back into the Top 10, up one place to No10. Nintendo’s old guard of ‘Wii Fit’ (-8%) and ‘Mario Kart Wii’ are proving resiliant, maintaining a strong Top 10 presence by only slipping one place to No’s 4 and 7 respectively.

In its third week of price promotion, Ubisoft’s ‘Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood’ falls 2 places to No6 (-26%). Sales of ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10’ (-24%) are down by a similar margin at No8, but fellow EA Sports title and previous chart topper ‘Fight Night Round 4’ (-5%) scraps its way back into the Top 10 at No9. American football is proving less robust for EA with ‘Madden NFL 10’ (-43%) dropping to No20 after debuting last week at No8.

(01) 01 WII WII SPORTS RESORT (NINTENDO)
(__) 02 XB360 WOLFENSTEIN (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(05) 03 WII WII FIT (NINTENDO)
(02) 04 WII ASHES CRICKET 2009 (CODEMASTERS)
(06) 05 WII MARIO KART WII (NINTENDO)
(__) 06 PS3 WOLFENSTEIN (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(03) 07 PS3 ASHES CRICKET 2009 (CODEMASTERS)
(20) 08 XB360 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(04) 09 XB360 ASHES CRICKET 2009 (CODEMASTERS)
(__) 10 PC WOLFENSTEIN (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(08) 11 PC THE SIMS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(10) 12 WII WII PLAY (NINTENDO)
(07) 13 PS3 CALL OF JUAREZ: BOUND IN BLOOD (UBISOFT)
(09) 14 XB360 CALL OF JUAREZ: BOUND IN BLOOD (UBISOFT)
(11) 15 WII EA SPORTS ACTIVE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(15) 16 DS MARIO KART DS (NINTENDO)
(__) 17 PS3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(13) 18 DS PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE (NINTENDO)
(__) 19 DS GUITAR HERO: ON TOUR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(12) 20 DS CLUB PENGUIN: ELITE PENGUIN FORCE (DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS)
(14) 21 DS POKEMON PLATINUM (NINTENDO)
(21) 22 WII CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES (TAKE 2)
(17) 23 XB360 PROTOTYPE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(23) 24 XB360 FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(24) 25 PS3 FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(25) 26 DS DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING (NINTENDO)
(19) 27 WII TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(32) 28 DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (NINTENDO)
(31) 29 WII MY FITNESS COACH: GET IN SHAPE (UBISOFT)
(34) 30 PS3 PROTOTYPE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(18) 31 DS G-FORCE (DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS)
(35) 32 WII CARNIVAL GAMES: MINI GOLF (TAKE 2)
(38) 33 DS MYSTERY STORIES (GSP/AVANQUEST)
(29) 34 XB360 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(__) 35 XB360 SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS (SEGA)
(37) 36 DS PEPPA PIG: THE GAME (UBISOFT)
(39) 37 XB360 HALO 3 (MICROSOFT)
(__) 38 DS SHERLOCK HOLMES: MYSTERY OF THE MUMMY (UBISOFT)
(26) 39 XB360 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(16) 40 XB360 MADDEN NFL 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

lazyrider said:
UK is up on the chart track site (I'll let the op update).

WSR beats out Wolf in the all formats (though Wolf is on 360, PS3 and PC). no big news on these charts though and the PS3 price cut doesn't seem to have had much impact on older PS3 SW (excpet COD WAW which got a big boost on PS3 but due to price promotion as stated in the accompanying article).

Must say that WSR seems to be the seller Nintendo was hoping it would be. Wonder what Christmas will look like for it, it is so appealing to all Wii owners.

The majority of the boosted software would be bundled with some awesome promotions together with the Phat, not sure if Chart-Track separates bundled games though.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

ioi said:
Wolfenstein did around 60-70k across both versions in Europe - so OK but nothing amazing.

When, you said Europe, you said which countries, because the game is not available in France for the moment. In France wolfenstein will be available in the week 35. It seems to be the same thing in Spain. I don't know for others countries.