By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Say it ain't so.

I wouldn't feel anything.. I mean I do have both consoles -_-

I would though say there is no way in hell the PS3 would catch up to the 360.

mM
Around the Network

There would be so much fanboy crying all over the place. I don't understand why folks are taking all of this so personal.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

im a gamer, i have a ps3 and 360, i like them both, i do like my ps3 better, i want the ps3 to out sale the 360, if it dosent i may be disapointed, but life goes on, really its about the games, i personally like the ps3 line up better, but 360 has some good ones, really i wish we could all get past the debate, everybody be able to afford both and talk about the games.  so if the ps3 does not out sale the 360, oh well, life goes on, we live to fight another day!!

@dodece - Although subjective, I see clear similarities between what is occurring now as to what occurred last year. I know I have stated that before, and by restating it I am respectfully disagreeing with your post. I do respect your point of view, and agree with your underlying concerns with how the "fanboy" mentality really weighs on these gaming sites.

I really hope that both MS, Sony, and third party developers are able to find an economic model in gaming that allows the industry to thrive. These constant price cuts, and financial releases reporting massive losses concern me.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

i would cry myself to sleep every night thinking of how hard sony worked for this and they cant even reap the fruits of their labor. Seriously though, i would really care unless it affects the games that come out. Also, it will outsell the 360 so im not worried.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network

Fanboyism.
you are taking it too seriously

i wanted to make a poster about it but meh xD

I'm not EXACTLY sure what trolling is, but I'd consider this thread close if not already crossing the line.

The obvious answer is that they will be disappointed if the distance between the two didn't shrink by a few million.

GO PLAYSTATION

DirtyP2002 said:

I would be surprised. The first months after a massive price-cut + a new model are a no-brainer. But the interesting thing to watch is the long-term effect. So if it turns out to not outsell the Xbox360, that would be it for the PS3 chances to become 2nd. Sony has NO cards to play left. All the big franchises are released, we have got the slim and the pricecut MUST hurt sony bad. I am really looking forward to the numbers they will report. A profitable PS3 is not possible. So there can't be a wait untill, because there is none.

And I think a Elite + Halo ODST bundle could work very well for MS.

-----

I think the people posting something like "won't happen anyway!" should be banned for 1 day. The op made it more than obvious.

Just want to disagree on this point..

Sony still has two price genuine $50 price cut left.. first to 249 and than to 199

Then Sony's biggest franchise has yet to release GT5 & God Of War III.

There r many great old franchises which Sony should bring to PS3 starting from Jak & Dexter, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper, Getaway and many more. Sometime i really wander why SOny created so many new IPs at the start of the PS3 life cycle.... n these IP temselves r pretty impressive... So i certainly believe that ur point is not valid..

@mtofu

Trolling is intentionally posting in such a manner that will insight a strong negative response from others that view said post. Usually out of a desire to cause misery for ones own amusement. To be honest I really don't see how this post would qualify as trolling, or how anyone can consider it to be an effort to troll. There just isn't any antagonism in the first post to be found. Unless you consider the mere act of asking a obvious question to be trolling.

You really need to review what trolling is. This has probably been the least confrontational thread to discuss any aspect of the console war today, and frankly it doesn't seem as if anyone else is feeling strong negative emotions about the thread. The original post was civil so most of the post has been civil. What do you know for the most part we are civilized.

Trolling is a ugly word, and shouldn't just be flung about carelessly. Reserve it for those posters and posts that deserve it. They aren't that hard to find on these forums after all. How many posters each day get banned for trolling.