By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

NXT Takeover was legit the best show I've watched in Months

Around the Network

Usually I don't watch NXT but NXT TakeOver: Dallas was amazing!!!
Zayn and Nakamura had a fantastic match! Never heard any crowd chanting "Fight Forever" in my whole life. lol

Kota Ibushi in the audience at Takeover was an awesome moment.  I knew something was up when he turned down a contract from New Japan.

If you want to know who Kota Ibushi is, then I highly suggest finding and watching his match against Nakamura from last year at Wrestle Kingdom (hint: rutube).  It was the 2015 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Match of the Year (and mine as well).  He also came in 2nd in the High Flyer voting to Ricochet.

The storytelling in that match was as good as it gets in wrestling.  Nakamura, as the established star, took Ibushi lightly but Ibushi would not back down, even to the point of mocking Nakamura by copying his signature moves, eventually forcing Nakamura to get serious and lose his chill.  A pissed off Nakamura brings pain.

Ibushi vs. El Generico (Sami Zayn)

It's Mania day

Any predictions?

FINAL WRESTLEMANIA 32 MATCH CARD
Triple H  vs. Roman Reigns World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon Hell In a Cell*
* If McMahon wins, he will control Monday Night Raw and Taker will not fight at WrestleMania again.
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose No Holds Barred Street Fight
Charlotte  vs. Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks Divas Championship Triple Threat
Chris Jericho vs. A.J. Styles
Kevin Owens  vs. Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, The Miz, Stardust, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Kalisto  vs. Ryback United States Championship
League of Nations vs. New Day Handicap Match (4 vs. 3)

WRESTLEMANIA 32 PRESHOW MATCH CARD
The Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Participants TBA)
Natalya, Paige, Brie, Alicia, Eva vs. Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Summer, Emma

(In reverse order)

They want Eva to be a babyface star, for some reason, so her team wins.  This will be terrible, though, and I probably won't be watching it.

John Cena eliminates everyone in the battle royal with a single AA.

Usos win, I guess.  I dunno.  Who cares.

New Day wins after LoN has discord.

Kalisto wins but Rybread destroys him after.

Owens retains, hopefully.

Styles has to beat Jericho.

Sasha shocks Charlotte.

Lesnar crushes Ambrose, Ambrose keeps getting up, ends up hits Lesnar with a million weapons but nothing works until he attacks Brocks tator tots for the pin.  Ambrose wins.

Triple H cheats like crazy and wins.  If it's no DQ then like a million people interfere.  Everyone cheers.  Triple H wins.

Undertaker beats down Shane but Shane won't quit.  Vince gets in Taker's grill and gets chokeslammed, then walks away.  Shane wins.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
It's Mania day

Any predictions?

I have 2.

1. I wont wake up in time and have to watch it delayed.

2. It wont even be half as good as Takeover Dallas was.

So ... spoiler tags for those who will watch it later or just roll with it?

The main event of wrestlemania was horrible at best. Did wwe muted the fans reaction after Roman won? Because it was pretty quiet (maybe people just were too tired to boo him).

My favorite moment was how wwe used the Wyatts to push the promising rookies The Rock and John Cena, very well done because the Wyatts are so such a success they can afford to do that right?

The Andre the giant battle royal was a joke.

Can't belive I'm saying this but the best match was the divas triple threat. Everything else was meh (well except for Shane, Mick, Shawn and Stone Cold, they were fucking awesome!)

Wrestlemania was a generic PPV with a metric ton of boring filler thrown in to make it 'Wrestlemania'.  I was so bored for most of it.

Usos vs. Dudley Boyz was a RAW match.  It meant nothing and I've seen it before.  Beyond that, what the hell was with the finish?  Weak.  Double team finisher gets kicked out of but a regular move end it?

Ladder match was fun.  It wasn't great but I enjoyed it.  WWE multi-man matches are too formulaic.  Two people in, the rest out.  Never the less, it was fun.  I hope Owens and Zayn stay on TV.

Styles vs. Jericho was average at best.  I don't know why but these guys don't gel.  Result was a head-scratcher.

New Day vs. LoN was pretty good but, again, I've seen it before and it meant nothing.  The nostalgia stuff was okay but I really don't care about it.  What's the point of making people think your current roster sucks?

Ambrose vs. Lesnar was a boring, meaningless match with a conclusion that leaves me cold.  Honestly, Lesnar could go away tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

Women's match was pretty awesome.  These women are for real.  The result wasn't what I wanted but I'm fine with it.  I just wonder where they're going from here.

Taker vs. Shane was a goofy, slow match with one INCREDIBLE spot.  That spot was amazing but I don't really like watching dangerous stuff like that.

Battle Royal was just kind of there.  The winner, though, made me quite happy.  That guy has a future.

The Wyatts getting fucking buried AGAIN sucked.  Absolutely sucked.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns.  I spent most of it yawning and browsing the web.  The match was plodding, Reigns' offense is terrible, and the conclusion sucks a lot more than I thought it would.

Seriously, what a massive nothing of a show.  I hate to be negative but I honestly expected a lot better and now I feel like I wasted the whole night.  I wish I could travel back in time and tell myself to just watch the Ladder match and the Women's match and then change the channel.

If you haven't seen it, just watch the highlights and then catch Takeover: Dallas instead.  Zayn vs. Nakamura was better by itself than all of Wrestlemania combined.

pokoko said:

Women's match was pretty awesome.  These women are for real.  The result wasn't what I wanted but I'm fine with it.  I just wonder where they're going from here.

Battle Royal was just kind of there.  The winner, though, made me quite happy.  That guy has a future.

1. Bayley rocks up on Raw the next night and takes the title off of Charlotte

2. This was the only match in the entire show (minus pre show, didnt watch) where the guy I wanted to win did... A battle royale with zero meaning was the only fucking match I picked