By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The more I see of Hania the Howling Huntress (AKA Saturyne), the more impressed I am.  Being really hot aside, she's an amazing athlete and she isn't afraid of bumps.  I'd love to see her in NXT.

Around the Network

Itami finally hits the GTS during a late night NXT live event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReoEj6CaRrM

Pretty awesome.  Makes me wonder if they've finally completely given up on Punk coming back.  Of course, they still might not allow it on offcial shows, who knows.

It was also a great idea to have this event, as the whole town is full of "smart marks" for Wrestlemania weekend.  Supposedly 5,000 showed up, including Vince McMahon and Jim Ross.  Stephanine McMahon streamed the event, including a shot of Triple H saying, "developmental my ass."

Roman Reigns is a chump.

-Kidd and Cesaro retain the titles and Tyson cements himself with some awesome spots
-AJ and Paige defeat Nicki and Bree with a little help from the entire Diva's locker room gunning for some payback.
-Orton takes out Seth Rollins but it's a hell of a match thanks to Rollins' creativity
-Sting beats HHH (with Booker T coming in for the assist for getting "fired" and WM19)
-Taker beats Wyatt.
-Rusev defeats Cena by DQ as Cena teases a heel turn
-Ambrose take the IC belt
-Brock Lesnar wins by DQ after Roman Reigns snaps and beats him with a chair....but then, who do we have here!?! It's J&J Security with Seth Rollins!!
-Rollins cashes in the briefcase after and they execute a triple powerbomb (except it's only a double powerbomb) on Lesnar. Shield reunion!!

Seth is your new WWE Champion and the future is now!

How I would like for it to play out..... .

Ooh predictions are fun.

- Kidd and Cesaro retain, mainly thanks to Natalya doing something awesome.
- AJ betrays Paige, letting the Bellas take the victory. AJ/Paige feud #27 followed by new challenger for Nicki
- Ryback wins Andre Battle Royal, unless Sheamus returns for it... In which case it goes to the Irishman
- Rollins wins thanks to Big Show and Kane in 2015 feud carries on to Extreme Rules
- Sting goes over HHH. Something big will happen to further Stings push in WWE, not sure what
- Taker beats Wyatt, passing the torch in the process. Realy want American Badass to come back considering we aint actually seen him since last Mania
- Cena beats Rusev in controversy, feud carries on into an I Quit match at Extreme Rules or something
- IC Title match is Match of the Night - Ziggler, Bryan or Ambrose wins. Im leaning more towards Ziggler
- Brock retains convincingly, Rollins and Authority screw Brock after the match. Brock face turn, and we get to have Paul Heyman do promos with Steph and HHH for a couple of Months.

Long shot, but Id like it.

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm kiiiinda looking forward to a match or two, but the actual stakes just aren't really there. You know what would make this wrestlemania better:

Sting vs HHH for 'control' of some sort
Rusev vs John Cena a Submissions Match
Rollins vs Orton a no DQ or last man standing or something to ramp it up.
Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor for the NXT Championship (and yes, I mean it)

Otherwise it's just kind of bland. Seriously.

Anyway, my predictions:

Tyson Kidd and Cesaro retain, and yes, both really make a spectacle of the pre-show.
Damien Mizdow wins after last taking out The Miz
Brock Lesnar beats Roman Reigns
Sting Defeats HHH, clean
Daniel Bryan walks away with the intercontinental championship
Bray Wyatt defeats the undertaker after Undertaker allows him to take it
AJ and Paige win, but only after Brie goes against Nikki
John Cena beats Rusev via Submission, but gets a massive beatdown
Seth Rollins beats Randy Orton.

So yeah, pretty predictable, but still.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

This will be my predictions for WrestleMania 31

- Tyson Kidd and Cesaro will retain the title.
- Mizdow will win the Battle Royal.
- Dolph Ziggler will win the IC Championship on the Ladder Match.
- AJ Lee and Paige will defeat The Bella Twins.
- Seth Rollins will beat Randy Orton.
- Undertaker will beat Bray Wyatt.
- John Cena will defeat Rusev and take the US Title.
- Sting will defeat Triple H.
- Roman Reigns will beat Brock Lesnar and take the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. However, Seth Rollins will cash in and defeat Roman Reigns, taking the title for himself.

Lack of good wrestling aside, it was a decent 'Mania. Dare I say, it was over 9000.

Best Mania in a decade. Great from beginning to end.

d21lewis said:
Best Mania in a decade. Great from beginning to end.

I knew you were a Cena lover.

Cena lover.