By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Pretty entertaining Wrestlemania. Wsy better than I expected. One thing I didn't like was Triple H winning, but that doesn't surprise me being Triple H and all.

Around the Network
Mirson said:

Pretty entertaining Wrestlemania. Wsy better than I expected. One thing I didn't like was Triple H winning, but that doesn't surprise me being Triple H and all.

You know, honestly, I'd be willing to bet that this decision came straight from Vince.  I don't think he ever wants the world to forget that he "won" against the WCW.

HHH beats Sting? F right off.

Jericho gets the podcast gig now? i knew you were Jealous of Austin you prick HHH.

Sorry, but Jericho clearly sucks both vinces and hunters nuts at their beckoning call.

The moment he got the podcast gig was the moment he endorsed Roman, simple as that.

WWE big cheeses can't handle REAL questions. (they prefer puppets like Jericho)

WWE.... has now moved on from the universe/reality era, to the  "yes" "yes" " yes" men era. *cough* EG Jericho.

I liked this WrestleMania. Only thing I disliked was the Triple H vs Sting match, where it shows that HHH still plans to bury everyone while his knees still function. The nWo and DX interference was awesome, but it kinda turned awkward on a point. But still kudos for it. Undertaker looked better than last year, even if he looked a bit tired. Last match was great, especially with that "surprise" cash-in.

Around the Network

This Wrestlemania was rather good, enjoyed it mostly.
But the dark point for me was that 'Rusev' segment.
Hey, guys, we all know he's not Russian, man is from Bulgaria. So all his chants to USA, his entrance with Russian National anthem and flag, with fake tanks/artillery/troops looked just idiotic.
Americans here, how do you like that kind of anti-Russian propaganda on your TV, and building hatred to the one country, is it normal for you?
P.S. The words ЮНАК on his trunks literally has no meaning. Another dumb pseudo-russian wordings...

I liked the Mania. It was pretty good but I hated that it ran so early in the day because it was on the west coast. It didn't feel right to see the Undertaker beat Bray Wyatt in broad daylight. No fireflies or anything. Outside of Sting losing it went pretty much according to plan. I even predicted the 'surprise' cash in. I thought that Taker would lose to Wyatt, but it was a good loss. Taker deserves to go out on top.

As for Raw... looks like they called up a ton of NXT talent to the show. Hopefully they get rid of some of the big slow guys like well Big Slow. Neville made me smile.

Sharu said:
Hey, guys, we all know he's not Russian, man is from Bulgaria. So all his chants to USA, his entrance with Russian National anthem and flag, with fake tanks/artillery/troops looked just idiotic.
Americans here, how do you like that kind of anti-Russian propaganda on your TV, and building hatred to the one country, is it normal for you?
P.S. The words ЮНАК on his trunks literally has no meaning. Another dumb pseudo-russian wordings...

The Russia thing is something they're doing to bring Rusev 'over' more. Bulgaria isn't nearly as sexy as Russia is. Its kinda like Brock Lesnar. He is actually from South Dakota, but he claims Minneapolis as his home, because Minneapolis is sexier than South Dakota. 

Sharu said:

No one hates Russia.  We know it's fake.  The heat Rusev gets is from his actions, not his country of origin.  

However, a lot of the hypocritical crup Cena and the Big Show have said and done has made me cringe.  The flag junk, that idiotic segment with the soldier, it was pretty awful stuff.

In the end, it's just Vince McMahon trying to build a heel the cheap, old-fashioned way.  It's not the 80s anymore, though, and Rusev will never have a fraction of the real heat that the Iron Sheik or Ivan Koloff had.  A lot of Americans actually like Rusev and wanted him to beat Cena.

pokoko said:
Sharu said:

No one hates Russia.  We know it's fake.  The heat Rusev gets is from his actions, not his country of origin.  

However, a lot of the hypocritical crup Cena and the Big Show have said and done has made me cringe.  The flag junk, that idiotic segment with the soldier, it was pretty awful stuff.

In the end, it's just Vince McMahon trying to build a heel the cheap, old-fashioned way.  It's not the 80s anymore, though, and Rusev will never have a fraction of the real heat that the Iron Sheik or Ivan Koloff had.  A lot of Americans actually like Rusev and wanted him to beat Cena.

Exactly. I was rooting for Rusev to dismantle Cena. The video before Cenas entrance was pretty cheap. Seemed like most of the fans at the Mania saw through it too. There was a lot of anti Cena sentiment at the Mania and at Raw the next night. But the undefeated streak had to go sooner or later so the Mania was a good way to lose it. I just wish it didn't have to be Cena.