By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

BasilZero said:
pokoko said:
That Cena leg injury looked really awkward and unscripted to me when I first saw it, now I'm reading that it might be legitimate. Can't say I'd be surprised if it's true. Ice on the inside of the knee is seldom a good sign. Rowan will probably be turned into a jobber before being released as punishment, even though he didn't really do anything wrong.

Vince must be devastated.

Seems like its a work o.o

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0225/571616/john-cena-not-really-injured-on-last-night-raw-from-green-bay/

Aaah.  When they say "I heard it pop" it's almost always a work.  They must be getting better at this, they usually make the heels target an area and they didn't do that this time.  Bravo, WWE.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
ganoncrotch said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
That crowd was terrible. They were chanting the most bs stuff during the good matches and honestly ruined the show somewhat. The biggest cheer was for Aaron Rodgers jersey... wtf? I believe next week is Chicago; that's going to be all CM Punk chants.

I actually kinda like the chants of BOOOOtisda If I'm honest, can't stand the guy even when he was current he was always botching the Bomb and over flipping people onto their necks, and how can you not love hearing chants of Randy Savage? The macho man is what wrestling is all about :D

As for the Taker Vs MeatSwordChest at WMXXX that is horrible, they're going to most likely end the streak since Taker is just getting too old for it and to Brock Lesnar... Might as well just let a New Jobber end the streak at least it could make the start of someones career, Lesnar is beyond it already. Got me into this thread tho! Hola from an Irish fan of the WWE, really want to have this thread tagged to read what the VGchartz community thinks of the "good for business" trolling the crowd thing that HHH+Stef are running atm.

The Bootista was fine and the Randy Savage would have been fine as well but it was during Bray Wyatt and Roman Reign's match. They also chanted "Overrated" at Bray and "Husky Harris." I am all for showing your displeasure but they were putting down some of the best talents in the WWE. Plus their "YES!" chants were weak lol.

As for Taker vs Lesnar; Taker will win that. If I remember correctly Taker has a clause in his contract that lets him choose who can and cannot end the streak. I know Taker gave Randy Orton the oppurtunity to end it at WM21, but Randy had too much respect for him and did not want to. I don't think the streak will ever end now since it is always the main attraction of WM.

I think that once Brock goes out there for that match there will be no way to make that happen, if Brock wrestles in the way that he normally would he will end up either 1. pinning undertaker because he doesn't give a flying fuck what the WWE want and he knows that he would get better endorsements and deals after his contract is ended for breaking script if he ends the streak, that streak is bigger than Lesnars value right now. 2. he'll knock out Taker by accident and have to try to dance around an unconcious body of a 50year old man for a while before it becomes complerely apparent to the crowd that he is infact KO'd and that the match is over.

I don't know, I guess we'll have to see. Lesnar being stiff hopefully doesn't affect the match too much but you never know. If WWE and Taker weren't confident that he could take a match with Lesnar they probably would have went a different route. The fact that they are going through with this must mean they have some faith that will go fine.

Updated card for the TNA/W-1 PPV.

TNA World Heavyweight Title Match

KAI vs. Magnus

TNA Tag Team Title Match

Shuji Kondo & Kaz Hayashi vs. The Wolves

TNA X Division Title Match

Seiya Sanada vs. Austin Aries

Bobby Roode vs. Masakata Funaki

Abyss vs. Yoshihiro Takayama

Kazarian & Daniels vs. Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto

Satoshi Kojima vs. Yasufumi Nakanoue

Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne

There is a lot of good stuff there, which I've said before, and I want to see this ... but the real reason I'm posting this is because of that last match.

What.  The.  Fuck?

They get Gail Kim into Japan, the undisputed home of the best female wrestlers in the world, and they have Gail Kim against freaking Madison Rayne?  Are you KIDDING me?  That's like the WWE signing Sting for Wrestle Mania and having him fight Santino.

That pisses me off, seriously.  

ganoncrotch said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

The Bootista was fine and the Randy Savage would have been fine as well but it was during Bray Wyatt and Roman Reign's match. They also chanted "Overrated" at Bray and "Husky Harris." I am all for showing your displeasure but they were putting down some of the best talents in the WWE. Plus their "YES!" chants were weak lol.

As for Taker vs Lesnar; Taker will win that. If I remember correctly Taker has a clause in his contract that lets him choose who can and cannot end the streak. I know Taker gave Randy Orton the oppurtunity to end it at WM21, but Randy had too much respect for him and did not want to. I don't think the streak will ever end now since it is always the main attraction of WM.

I think that once Brock goes out there for that match there will be no way to make that happen, if Brock wrestles in the way that he normally would he will end up either 1. pinning undertaker because he doesn't give a flying fuck what the WWE want and he knows that he would get better endorsements and deals after his contract is ended for breaking script if he ends the streak, that streak is bigger than Lesnars value right now. 2. he'll knock out Taker by accident and have to try to dance around an unconcious body of a 50year old man for a while before it becomes complerely apparent to the crowd that he is infact KO'd and that the match is over.

Brock can't just Pin the Undertaker when he wants. It doesn't work that way. The ref knows who wins before hand and Taker knows to kick out before 3. If Taker makes any sort of movement and the ref goes by the script and says "Twoooo", the audience won't ever even know that Brock is trying to pin Undertaker because we doesn't care what the WWE wants. 

pokoko said:

Aaah.  When they say "I heard it pop" it's almost always a work.  They must be getting better at this, they usually make the heels target an area and they didn't do that this time.  Bravo, WWE.

Seems kinda desperate attempt after holding off the storyline of Wyatts V. Cena but I'm guessing this injury is just a stepping stone for Bray Wyatt to get a win over Cena.

Would make Wyatts look dominating but at the same time makes Cena not look so weak since he would be billed as "Injured".

At least I hope it is....Cena better not win >.>.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
pokoko said:

Seems kinda desperate attempt after holding off the storyline of Wyatts V. Cena but I'm guessing this injury is just a stepping stone for Bray Wyatt to get a win over Cena.

Would make Wyatts look dominating but at the same time makes Cena not look so weak since he would be billed as "Injured".

At least I hope it is....Cena better not win >.>.

I think everyone hopes Cena doesn't win. I'm a Cena fan and I don't want him to win. It would pretty much kill any momentum Bray Wyatt has. Besides Cena has said it is time for the young blood to show their stuff so I want to see him actually follow through with his words.

RVDondaPC said:
ganoncrotch said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Brock can't just Pin the Undertaker when he wants. It doesn't work that way. The ref knows who wins before hand and Taker knows to kick out before 3. If Taker makes any sort of movement and the ref goes by the script and says "Twoooo", the audience won't ever even know that Brock is trying to pin Undertaker because we doesn't care what the WWE wants. 

Self and some mates talked about this for a good while today, you know that it's in the middle of one of the SuperBowl arenas, like it will be a massive distance between the ring and where interference can be dealt out from the shadows. You say taker can kick out when he wants to, what I'm suggesting is that Lesnar would knock him out, as in Ko'd for real and then apply a legal pin, the ref would either have the choice of not counting him out or ending the streak infront of the WWE universe in a way that the WWE didn't want. Before you get started on telling me that Wrestling isn't real... I know this, but Brock likes money, it's why he was thrown outta the UFC for trying to earn money outside by betting against himself.

I think that while it will be 100% scripted to be a match Taker wins I know that inside that tiny head of Lesnar isn't going to be documentary and book deals of "the man who broke the streak and legitimised WWE" he could make a lot of money if he was to go against the story once the match was in play. And this isn't like the WWE womans championship which was won by the wrong Diva about 9 months ago during a match but the following Raw it was back on the shoulder of the person who was intended to win it.... the whole WWE universe will be watching it, whatever happens in the ring will be immortalised.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

ganoncrotch said:

Self and some mates talked about this for a good while today, you know that it's in the middle of one of the SuperBowl arenas, like it will be a massive distance between the ring and where interference can be dealt out from the shadows. You say taker can kick out when he wants to, what I'm suggesting is that Lesnar would knock him out, as in Ko'd for real and then apply a legal pin, the ref would either have the choice of not counting him out or ending the streak infront of the WWE universe in a way that the WWE didn't want. Before you get started on telling me that Wrestling isn't real... I know this, but Brock likes money, it's why he was thrown outta the UFC for trying to earn money outside by betting against himself.

I think that while it will be 100% scripted to be a match Taker wins I know that inside that tiny head of Lesnar isn't going to be documentary and book deals of "the man who broke the streak and legitimised WWE" he could make a lot of money if he was to go against the story once the match was in play. And this isn't like the WWE womans championship which was won by the wrong Diva about 9 months ago during a match but the following Raw it was back on the shoulder of the person who was intended to win it.... the whole WWE universe will be watching it, whatever happens in the ring will be immortalised.

First of all Brock left the UFC because of health reasons. He had diverticulitis and had a 12-inch piece of his colon removed. You can read it on Wikipedia and this link (http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/24/3549680/white-shuts-the-door-on-lesnar-vs-fedor-says-both-are-retired) also shows that he left because his body couldn't handle it. So him trying to screw over the Undertaker on purpose, won't happen. He could have done the same to Cena and Punk, yet he didn't. The dude may be stiff but he understands business and professionalism.

While there is a chance the Undertaker could be mistakenly knocked out the chances are slim to none. The last time I remember it happening was when CM Punk accidently knocked out Jericho at Elimination Chamber. The Undertaker will beat Lesnar. If he couldn't handle a match with him they would have found someone else to fight him. Maybe someone like Cena or even Sting if rumours are to be believed.

Hmmmm, Wrestlemania card isn't looking good so far...

Orton vs Batista - Two folks the crowd hates for the #1 spot. Orton is decent but Batista is rusty as hell.

Cena vs Wyatt - Wyatt has proven to be capable as a performer, but this is not WM quality

Taker vs Lesnar - Taker is Old, Lesnar is stiff. I can see this being one awkward match.

Bryan vs HHH - I actually think this has potential, Bryan is technical, HHH has great ring psychology.

There will also be matches for the other titles, so let me speculate:

Intercontinental Triple Threat match - Big E vs Cesaro vs Swagger

US Triple Threat Ladder Match - Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns

Diva's championship - AJ vs Tamina Snuka

Tag Team Four Way Elimination - New Age Outlaws vs Usos vs Brotherhood vs Rybaxel

I just don't see this being all that good if you want the honest truth. I see potential in some matches (anything the Shield are involved in, the Daniel Bryan match, and MAYBE the Bray/Cena match, but really? This sounds just dumb)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

TheGoldenBoy said:
ganoncrotch said:

First of all Brock left the UFC because of health reasons. He had diverticulitis and had a 12-inch piece of his colon removed. You can read it on Wikipedia and this link (http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/24/3549680/white-shuts-the-door-on-lesnar-vs-fedor-says-both-are-retired) also shows that he left because his body couldn't handle it. So him trying to screw over the Undertaker on purpose, won't happen. He could have done the same to Cena and Punk, yet he didn't. The dude may be stiff but he understands business and professionalism.

While there is a chance the Undertaker could be mistakenly knocked out the chances are slim to none. The last time I remember it happening was when CM Punk accidently knocked out Jericho at Elimination Chamber. The Undertaker will beat Lesnar. If he couldn't handle a match with him they would have found someone else to fight him. Maybe someone like Cena or even Sting if rumours are to be believed.

I think Jerich getting knocked was part of the storyline setting up Punk vs Jericho at Wrestlemania that year. 

Twitter: @d21lewis