By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Lol The Rock concert owned the hell out of Cena's rap.

Around the Network

Can anyone fill me in on this week's Raw? anything interesting happen?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ronster316 said:
Fair points Kasz.

I just wish they would have waited until after Wrestlemania before a Kane v Strong babyface feud.

He could have squashed a few mid carders/gone on the warpath with a few wrestlers (just to keep him looking dominant for longer)

Then by all means have him lose after wrestlemania (after a good 2 month feud or so with the strong face, that way they got 4/5 months out of him overall)

I agree.  Heck the whole "Embrace the Hate" angle would of been a lot more effective if it would of happened after Wrestlemania.

Cause even if Cena wins, he's going to get booed until the rock gets up and shakes his hand.

Runa216 said:

Good Taker/Michaels promo.

Rock owned Cenas short/bad rap

Good match between Ziggler/Sheamus

Rest = Bad.

Wagram said:
Runa216 said:

Rest = Bad.

Why does that not surprise me? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Wagram said:
Runa216 said:

Rest = Bad.

Why does that not surprise me? 

I've gotten used to it. WWE hasn't really entertained me all that much since around 2003. I'm hanging on with hopes that it might return eventually but the chances are low.

Wagram said:

I've gotten used to it. WWE hasn't really entertained me all that much since around 2003. I'm hanging on with hopes that it might return eventually but the chances are low.

my original hiatus began in 2004, sometime in the summer between Wrestlemania 20 and Summerslam.  my interest began waning somewhere in between the WCW takeover plot and changing the name from WWF to WWE.   All of my favorite groups had been disbanded (HArdyz, Dudleyz, Edge and Christian, D-X, and many, many others), many of the best wrestlers I fell in love with that MADE me watch it were regularly disappearing on injury, retiring, or moving to other brands (Jeff kept coming and going, Taker was in and out, Stone Cold was in the process of retiring forever, The Rock became a movie star, Triple H was out for a year with his torn quads, Mck Foley retired, etc), the attitude era was over...and instead we got John Cena doing some wigger rap bullshit.  

I like Cena now, but I LOATHED him back then; in fact he was the primary reason I threw up my hands and just left.  

My peak was Wrestlemania 18, where I was IN the damn skydome when it happened, you can even see me and my friend in the DVD if you look.  After that, it waslike "okay, that was an end to an era." and from then on I was kinda caring less and less. 

I get the impression that between 2004 and 2011 I missed some awesome shit.  Hardyz came back, Edge became the biggest thing, and talent like Randy Orton turned out to not suck and a lot of the guys that were jsut getting popular when I left got huge, like Batista and Brock LEsnar (before both quit).  I admit I like some of the stories now (CM Punk's breaking kayfabe was honestly awesome and I Still watch that every few weeks becuase it's awesome), Sheamus is a hell of a wrestler, and some of the stuff is good, but my god some of it is just terrible.  The Tag Division is a joke, wrestlers are jumping up and down tiers like it's nothing (intercontinental and US champions as part of the Elimination chamber matches, etc), great talent failing to keep a rivalry going for more than a month (I'm looking at you, Orton), and a lot of great ideas falling short (Christian taking over for Edge).  

I see a LOT of talent in that ring.  some of these performers are the best I've seen but I swear the WWE is being terrible on purpose becuase...hey, why put on a good show when people fill up the seats regardless?  The storylines mostly suck, character arches are inconsistent and underutilised, some of the best entertainers are ignored or kept to the sidelines as joke characters (Zack Ryder, Santino), and it feels like an entire industry of missed potential.  They're like Nintendo: all the potential in the world, no idea how to use it.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BasilZero said:
Kasz216 said:
BasilZero said:
Ronster316 said:
Fridays Smackdown was quite frankly the crappiest Smackdown i have seen in the last 2 years easily.

Fell asleep twice whilst watching it.

It's becoming more and more predictable with every passing show.

Good guy wins, another (how can the little guy possibly pull this off) good guy wins, bad guy made to look overly stupid, bad guy gets owned in promo with very little comeback on bad guys part......... ya di da di da.

Wish it would go back to all the best talent on both shows (put all the lame ducks on superstars or velocity or whatever it's called these days), far too many weak wrestlers and shoddy mic performers on Smackdown.

Yep hate the fact that there arent any killer/monster heels anymore, and if there are any (i.e. Kane), they get pushed down the toilet rather than being shown as dominant. No way in hell would Cena would be able to do what he did every week to Kane lol.

They are just attending to the children and women in the audience, such a shame how WWE has become. But I guess whatever makes them sell the most products/merchandise =/

To be fair, that's pretty much how monster heels have always been.

Or at least since I started watching wrestling.

It's just seems worse because top wrestlers face each other so much on free TV.

Now a days if a monster heel goes in and fights a squash match everybody complains.

So they don't have time to build up that "dominance"....

but in general wrestling has always had "monster heel dominantly rises to the top fights top star, loses, then drops 2 levels because his undefeatability was his only real draw."

They'd create monster heels left and right for hogan to run through.

That didnt stop JBL, that didnt stop Triple H/Evolution to have a better lasting after effect after the storylines were done and over with.

Also anyone seen Raw tonight?

UT/Shawn Michaels/Triple H segment was ok, lol @ undertaker saying April 21st instead of April 1st

John Cena moment = Nostalgic
The Rock = Good Star/Ok Middle/Terrible Ending
CM Punk/Jericho Angle = Pretty Good but CM Punk's acting could of been better.
Zack Ryder/Eve Angle = wtf pointless
Randy Orton/Kane = Ok nothing special
Everything else = Forgettable

I wouldn't' classify any of those as monster heels.

I saw raw... and was pretty bored honestly.

What I found most interesting about the Undertaker segement was the faint chanting of "What!"

Weird to see the fans turn on the Undertaker.

I just... turned off the TV during the Rocks promo... it was that painful.

John Cena sounded more like teenage version of Dr. Sues then a rapper.

With Eve and Beth Phoneix it feels like they're trying to turn the Divas division into "Sweet Valley High" or something. 

Outside that it was boring and it felt like there was more time spent on entrances then matches.

I watched the end of the Rock concert and it was horrible. I was wondering why the Rock was having so much trouble with the lyrics of his version of We Will Rock You. It's because he was reading along on the jumbotron. This was bad karaoke at it's worst.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Watching it now via DVR. You guys aren't filling me with hope with your comments. I've always been a huge fan of the Rock and I'm becoming a fan of Cena (that Elimination Chamber match really hurt his momentum with me, though). I want him to knock it out of the park with one of his old school promos but I guess that ain't happening.

Also, I just saw the mention of a Team Long versus Team Laurenaitis (or however the fuck you spell his name). Can I call 'em or can I call 'em? Said that would happen weeks ago!