By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:

so Kane vs Orton is confirmed?  I'm kind of sick of Orton (who is a great talent) shifting from rivalry to rivalry without any longevity.  he's such a wasted talent.  Kane, too... "oh, we need an antagonist bad guy, so we'll do him vs anyone else we need to piss off".  Ugh. 

Rock vs Cena
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Taker vs Triple H
Rhodes vs Show
Orton vs Kane

And...no tags?  all singles matches aside from the Hell in a Cell with SHawn?  fuck this is gonna be boring. I LIKE specialty matches.  I LIKE ladders, I LIKE extreme rules, I LIKE triple threat matches...SOMETHING PLEASE!  Singles matches are bland.  

Yeah I agree, they need to put some match types in those matches, Triple H VS UT is the only one I can think of that has a stipulation.

Rock VS Cena is fine

Punk VS Jericho should be a Street Fight

Bryan VS Sheamus should I dont know, 2 out of 3 falls?

Rhodes VS Show....not sure the whole storyline is random.

Orton VS Kane should be a Inferno match..thought that will never happen again..

The US title is a joke now, they need to do something with it, maybe a 6 man elimination all out brawl?

Tag Titles are like non-existant, they need to do something about it, put all those people who arent doing anything in tag teams.

I dunno.  "Best wrestler in the world" match in a streetfight seems kinda messed up.

If anything I'd go waaaay back and instead of making it "A contest for 1 fall".  I'd make it a best 2 out of 3 match.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Kasz216 said:

I dunno.  "Best wrestler in the world" match in a streetfight seems kinda messed up.

If anything I'd go waaaay back and instead of making it "A contest for 1 fall".  I'd make it a best 2 out of 3 match.

Wait you are right, or a iron man match ;p

Iron Man Matches suck...they drag too damn long and almost half of it is just the wrestlers laying on their backs heaving.  I'll pass on that.  

I could see Sheamus and Bryan being a Street Fight match. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

BasilZero said:
Kasz216 said:

Wait you are right, or a iron man match ;p

Iron Man match would of been my first suggestion, but I don't think they have the time to book a 60 minute match.  Guess they could go for a 30.

Either way, both matches allow for one of my favorite moves in wrestling... when one guy intentionally loses a fall and gets disqualified to try and make sure he wins the match.  Not that I think i'd use that in a "Best in the world" match, but i'd like to see it.  Then again if they wanted the fued to go past wrestlemania that'd be the perfect angle.  Jerhico winning a cheap first pin, then after a long drawn out bit, punk starts getting the best of him so Jeirhco ends up blindsiding punk with a chair or something earning hismelf a disqualifaction, but laying punk out for a pin for the win.

Punk claims he would of won because he was dominating that match, and Jerhico says that giving up a fall to DQ to win the match is what makes Jerihco the best in the world, that he's one step ahead.

Fridays Smackdown was quite frankly the crappiest Smackdown i have seen in the last 2 years easily.

Fell asleep twice whilst watching it.

It's becoming more and more predictable with every passing show.

Good guy wins, another (how can the little guy possibly pull this off) good guy wins, bad guy made to look overly stupid, bad guy gets owned in promo with very little comeback on bad guys part......... ya di da di da.

Wish it would go back to all the best talent on both shows (put all the lame ducks on superstars or velocity or whatever it's called these days), far too many weak wrestlers and shoddy mic performers on Smackdown.

Ronster316 said:
Fridays Smackdown was quite frankly the crappiest Smackdown i have seen in the last 2 years easily.

Good guy wins, another (how can the little guy possibly pull this off) good guy wins, bad guy made to look overly stupid, bad guy gets owned in promo with very little comeback on bad guys part......... ya di da di da.

Wish it would go back to all the best talent on both shows (put all the lame ducks on superstars or velocity or whatever it's called these days), far too many weak wrestlers and shoddy mic performers on Smackdown.

yeah, it's starting to get pretty dumb.  I figure I'll stick around long enough to watch Wrestlemania, then back away slowly, having satisfied my curiosity for about a year.  

And dammit, USE the rock, don't just have him come onstage, talk some trash, then disappear.  Put his ass in matches, man! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

@ Runa216

Would be nice to see the Rock actually get involved physically, but apart from his Wrestlemania match, i suspect that the WWE can't afford his insurance bill these days lol. (those movies won't make themselves afterall)

BasilZero said:
Oh....they are going to put dolph ziggler in that stupid GM VS GM match ~.~

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0312/550532/

Well it's better then nothing.  Honestly there wasn't much room left on the card.

Too many part timers and come back stars displacing the everyday hard workers.

I mean, even if you like these guys....

Undertaker, HHH, Jerihico, The Rock... that's four top spots taken by people soley based on name value.

It's ironic because the WWE which is currently laking stars, is suddenly lacking PPV spots for wrestlemania.

BasilZero said:
Ronster316 said:

Yep hate the fact that there arent any killer/monster heels anymore, and if there are any (i.e. Kane), they get pushed down the toilet rather than being shown as dominant. No way in hell would Cena would be able to do what he did every week to Kane lol.

They are just attending to the children and women in the audience, such a shame how WWE has become. But I guess whatever makes them sell the most products/merchandise =/

WWE had a great chance of making Kane a force to be reckoned with again. (They did a big part of the hard work by giving him his mask back)

Then he gets his arse handed to him by Cena and just simply moves on to his next feud with (a new feud every month) Orton.

They should have saved a Cena/Kane feud until after wrestlemania.......... nothing worse than a heel coming back and getting squashed within like a month.

If they wanted to turn Cena heel for a bit, they could have had him just been a complete arrogant prick (more so than his traditional way), and had him trash the Rock even more personally to fully get him over.

I thought the Orton/Barrett feud could have had good legs, now watch Barrett dissapear in to obscurity again for like 3 months.

The Daniel Bryan/Vegan/Girlfriend story................. YAWN.

Oh........ and doe's Sheamus EVER lose these days? (guess it pays to be HHH's real life buddy huh)

Smackdown is seriously in deep shit.

Raw is just about keeping the WWE afloat.

BasilZero said:
Ronster316 said:

Yep hate the fact that there arent any killer/monster heels anymore, and if there are any (i.e. Kane), they get pushed down the toilet rather than being shown as dominant. No way in hell would Cena would be able to do what he did every week to Kane lol.

They are just attending to the children and women in the audience, such a shame how WWE has become. But I guess whatever makes them sell the most products/merchandise =/

To be fair, that's pretty much how monster heels have always been.

Or at least since I started watching wrestling.

It's just seems worse because top wrestlers face each other so much on free TV.

Now a days if a monster heel goes in and fights a squash match everybody complains.

So they don't have time to build up that "dominance"....

but in general wrestling has always had "monster heel dominantly rises to the top fights top star, loses, then drops 2 levels because his undefeatability was his only real draw."

They'd create monster heels left and right for hogan to run through.

Fair points Kasz.

I just wish they would have waited until after Wrestlemania before a Kane v Strong babyface feud.

He could have squashed a few mid carders/gone on the warpath with a few wrestlers (just to keep him looking dominant for longer)

Then by all means have him lose after wrestlemania (after a good 2 month feud or so with the strong face, that way they got 4/5 months out of him overall)