Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Runa216 said:

I hope Morrison comes back, I prefer the high fliers to the mat monkeys.  I saw what he did at last year's elimination chamber (climb to the top and drop on his opponents), that was awesome.  

I actually really like Sheamous. He always seems to be flitting around the outskirts of the main rivalries, beating the hell out of anyone that gets in his way...but now that he's doing what he's doing, I sense epic potential.  Then again, it turns out I missed the period where he was a champion.  Isn't he the fastest rise to a world title in the company's history? Even faster than Brock Lesnar?  

turns out he used to be a heel.  speaking of which, Sheamous vs John Morrison Ladder match from, I think, 2009 was epic.  Srs.  

Yeah actually loved it when he was a heel, hated how he was pushed aside last year from Triple H and thrown into a dark match with Daniel Bryan.

Oh ya, loved that ladder match back than *_*, 2010 though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAQ4iRgENqg

I heard that king gimmick was actually a push down for Sheamus but it actually helped him lol.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
Runa216 said:
Serious_frusting said:

Jeff Hardy is in TNA. and is still as crazy as ever. High flying suicidal maniac.

I went to watch TNA Impact Wrestling at Wembley Arena. It was a really fun night. First wrestling show i have been to since WCW.

TNA is on a role at the moment. Dont care for eric bishoff sone though. Austin Aries is great. Huge props to Jeff Hardy for putting on a good show even with a injured back.

yeah, I know Jeff is in TNA, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to watch it.  different commentators, different ring stuff, overall different feel.  I would feel like a dirty, dirty whore if I started watching anything else. 

if there are youtube videos of Jeff (he's really the only must-see star on TNA) doing his thing, I wouldn't mind seeing that.  Wait, are the dudley boyz on TNA? 

I'm sure you dont want to miss the epic match of kurt angle vs mr anderson (mr kenendy)
 in a steel cage escape match

I was there live for this match at lockdown in St. Louis, still the best live match i've attended, and that counts royal rumble this year!

you know, I've been watching and following WWE for a while now, but I've always been kinda complacent and never all that excited for pay per views...but this Wrestlemania is looking pretty damn good so far.

Rock vs Cena is gonna be epic, both are immensely talented athletes and entertainers.
Punk vs Jericho is gonna be epic, Punk is probably my favorite 'new' wrestler and Jericho was my favorite before I stopped watching.
Sheamus vs Bryan is gonna be awesome, Sheamus is a hell of a brawler and a lot of fun, and bryan is hella talented despite not caring much for his angle right now.
Triple H vs Taker could be awesome, but last year's show was lame...but Hell in a Cell is good.

Now get the other titles on the line and get some awesome stories going and we have a real winner. Tag Team stuff could turn out good if Guererro can get Ziggler and Swagger together properly, and Kofi and Truth can remain a working unit.

Cody vs Big Show for Intercontinental is likely happening, maybe some sort of special stipulation.
I hope Swagger loses the American title becuase...well, he's not doing anything with it, either is Rhodes with his intercontinental.

Mysoginist I am not, but the womens title I couldn't give two shits about.

Bring back the Hardcore title and 'any time, anywhere' rules. THAT was fun, dammit.

also: Orton rules. I hope Barrett has recovered in time to fight him. that had the potential to be a hell of a rivalry.

And keep the stupid gimmicky shit out. I don't wanna see celebrities fighting, I don't want to see Cole or Lawler in the ring.

Here's hoping it's good.

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

I will say this, John vs Teddy killed raw for me, and I most likely will only watch raw in segments now.

also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=sn_v0Ss-Aws

I recently went back and watched the Edge vs Jeff ladder match at Extreme Rules...and that match kinda sucked. It was so slow, had no energy. you could tell Jeff was just done. No wonder WWE keeps firing him. he just doesn't have the energy he had back in the early aughts. Hell, even Edge, for all his fame, was lame in that match. Very disappointing.

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Around the Network
Acevil said:
I will say this, John vs Teddy killed raw for me, and I most likely will only watch raw in segments now.

John Who vs Theodore Long?  

What happened there and when was it? 

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 

"Rock vs Cena is gonna be epic, both are immensely talented athletes and entertainers."

You obviously haven't been watching Raw long enough to think Cena is entertaining. Maybe back before he was the face of the company. After Rock finished the promo he comes out like every other time and just laughs it off. He does it every single damn time.

I sensed some real life heat between Rock and Cena in the ring last night. Like Rock was really wanting to hit Cena for some of the stuff he was saying.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

d21lewis said:
I sensed some real life heat between Rock and Cena in the ring last night. Like Rock was really wanting to hit Cena for some of the stuff he was saying.

I was sensing that, too...but then I remembered all the stuff with CM Punk and Triple H, and how they were kinda breaking Kayfabe and stuff, so I'm thinking it's all scripted.  

Though I'd still be reluctant to come back to WWE if they were gonna use "fuck you for leaving" as a legit angle.  

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 

Runa216 said:
Acevil said:

John Who vs Theodore Long?  

What happened there and when was it? 

VP of Talent Relations and Intern Raw GM John I can't say his last name