By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:
I sensed some real life heat between Rock and Cena in the ring last night. Like Rock was really wanting to hit Cena for some of the stuff he was saying.

I was sensing that, too...but then I remembered all the stuff with CM Punk and Triple H, and how they were kinda breaking Kayfabe and stuff, so I'm thinking it's all scripted.  

Though I'd still be reluctant to come back to WWE if they were gonna use "fuck you for leaving" as a legit angle.  

It is a shame The Rock is still gonna lose against Cena though. It'll probably be a situation where Rock hits a Sharphooter, then Cena hits the STF yet Rock taps out.

Its a passing of the torch deal a la Rock/Hogan WMX8 but the difference is...Cena will not be cheered for when the match is over.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Good promo by The Rock at the end. No B.S. He did what he needed to do. He came out addressed Cena, and left. Cena wants The Rock and not Dwayne Johnson. Looks like he got it!

Good stuff all around tonight (except Cena of course).

SaviorX said:
Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:
I sensed some real life heat between Rock and Cena in the ring last night. Like Rock was really wanting to hit Cena for some of the stuff he was saying.

I was sensing that, too...but then I remembered all the stuff with CM Punk and Triple H, and how they were kinda breaking Kayfabe and stuff, so I'm thinking it's all scripted.  

Though I'd still be reluctant to come back to WWE if they were gonna use "fuck you for leaving" as a legit angle.  

It is a shame The Rock is still gonna lose against Cena though. It'll probably be a situation where Rock hits a Sharphooter, then Cena hits the STF yet Rock taps out.

Its a passing of the torch deal a la Rock/Hogan WMX8 but the difference is...Cena will not be cheered for when the match is over.

That's the thing.  This match will PROBABLY end up finishing the night.

If Cena wins, everyone is going to boo him and wrestlemania is going to end with boos.

The ending of RAW was awesome. John Cena was scared to look at the Rock, I never seen Cena so uncomfortable in the ring. The Rock really doesn't like Cena, he knows that Cena was shoved down the throats of the WWE fans. The Rock made himself the face of the Attitude Era and didn't get give a fuck what he had to do to make himself more then just a wrestler, he made himself a movie star.

This is Cena's interview with The Sun in 2008 about what pisses him off about the Rock.
http://prowrestlingblog.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/john-cena-says-the-rock-pisses-him-off/

Kasz216 said:
SaviorX said:
Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:

That's the thing.  This match will PROBABLY end up finishing the night.

If Cena wins, everyone is going to boo him and wrestlemania is going to end with boos.

It actually could be cool if they had Cena pull off a really nasty heel turn.  I doubt that WWE would do this though.

Anyway, Jericho vs Punk will be the REAL match of the night.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

In my opinion this is how wrestlemania will be:

HHH vs Taker - Best match to watch for entertainment.
Punk vs Jericho - Best match for technical wrestling.
Cena vs Rock - Best match for debated emotions.

Just watched the end of RAW. Don't know who I want to win at Wrestlemania but I do know I'll be watching it live on PPV. I'm hyped!

Predicts:

Rock vs Cena - Cena will win, but it'll be an awesome match
Taker vs HHH - Taker will win, gonna be the best match of the night. Can't see them taking taker out at 19-1
Jericho vs Punk - Punk will win, but it'll start an awesome rivalry
Bryan vs Sheamous - Sheamous will win but it'll be awesome.
Big Show vs Cody - Cody will Win, then on Raw make another video about show losing.

I also think it's gonna be the following:

Santino vs Ryder for the US championship (since Ryder's kinda back)
Epico and Primo vs Kofi and Truth for the tag titles (hopefully) maybe a triple threat or fatal 4-way match.

That's 5 matches, pretty good lineup so far, but where are the TLC matches? where's the Tag Team stuff? so sick of the tag title being neglected. back in my day it was the most interesting of the titles (that and the Hardcore title)

I hate a lot of the changes.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

My crazy probably not going to happen wrestlemania moment?

Shawn Michaels is going to screw the undertaker. Or at least try to.

Undertaker wins despite his two last great challengers against him together, hits 20-0 and retires... because while everyone jokes about this being the undertakers "Part time job"... really it's not even a part time job at this point.

Nothing else makes sense. Shawn calls it down the middle... why? What's the point?

Shawn screws triple H? Why. I mean unless he's getting bored being retired... or they want to set up HHH VS Shawn for NEXT wrestlemania.

Shawn screws the Undertaker? Well what a HUGE colossal waste of the streak that would be.

BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:
Predicts:

Rock vs Cena - Cena will win, but it'll be an awesome match
Taker vs HHH - Taker will win, gonna be the best match of the night. Can't see them taking taker out at 19-1
Jericho vs Punk - Punk will win, but it'll start an awesome rivalry
Bryan vs Sheamous - Sheamous will win but it'll be awesome.
Big Show vs Cody - Cody will Win, then on Raw make another video about show losing.

I also think it's gonna be the following:

Santino vs Ryder for the US championship (since Ryder's kinda back)
Epico and Primo vs Kofi and Truth for the tag titles (hopefully) maybe a triple threat or fatal 4-way match.

That's 5 matches, pretty good lineup so far, but where are the TLC matches? where's the Tag Team stuff? so sick of the tag title being neglected. back in my day it was the most interesting of the titles (that and the Hardcore title)

I hate a lot of the changes.

Dont forget Randy Orton VS Kane

They also still need to put Dolph Ziggler somewhere....too bad that MITB ladder match wont happen cause Wade Barret got injured....

so Kane vs Orton is confirmed?  I'm kind of sick of Orton (who is a great talent) shifting from rivalry to rivalry without any longevity.  he's such a wasted talent.  Kane, too... "oh, we need an antagonist bad guy, so we'll do him vs anyone else we need to piss off".  Ugh. 

Rock vs Cena
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Taker vs Triple H
Rhodes vs Show
Orton vs Kane

And...no tags?  all singles matches aside from the Hell in a Cell with SHawn?  fuck this is gonna be boring. I LIKE specialty matches.  I LIKE ladders, I LIKE extreme rules, I LIKE triple threat matches...SOMETHING PLEASE!  Singles matches are bland.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android