By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Game Thread Round 2

* all we have to go on is from last game, which isn't saying much

(this is my lame attempt to edit the last post, as my second sentence wouldn't make sense)

Around the Network
That Guy said:
well ok fine. All we have to go on is from last, which really isn't saying much.

Remember that Onyxmeth was a mafia, and ON TOP OF THAT, he was a whore, so when he found out I was the cop, he messed up my investigation and Soleron told me that C03 was innocent, even though he was actually scum.

So lets not rule out the possibility of another whore and/or any other secret roles for this second game.

Right now, I have the FINGER OF SUSPICION on Soleron and Onyxmeth. Being that he WAS the whore last game, he knows very well that if the cop roleclaims himself early, he wouldn't NEED to be killed, as the whore would just be all over him like.... well... a whore.

Onyxmeth also insisted on claiming himself to be a townie twice now, even though there were not accusations against him.

Both were suggesting for the cop to roleclaim early, so he can gain protection from the doctor. And if there's a whore, then the cop's mis-investigations can ruin the game.

You're utilizing my strategy from last game, making long winded posts that sound pretty damn logical. I did that against Zexen and against you and everyone fell for it.

Here's what I'm going to say to the group. I'm suspecting That Guy based on him pulling the same crap I pulled last game. I think he's Mafia. So we'll make this real cut and dry and hopefully it will weed out 1 Mafia. Either lynch me today or lynch That Guy. Don't focus on anyone else. Believe me or believe him. If you decide to lynch me, and That Guy hasn't been killed during the first night, then assume him to be Mafia and lynch him on day 2.

The reason the town doesn't win is that they suspect too many. Don't bother. There's a good chance that between my suspicions for claiming to be vanilla townsfolk, and That Guy utilizing my old Mafia strategy that one of us is likely to be Mafia. Concetrate on the two of us, make your votes on your gut feeling, and if you do it wrong on day one, then you'll know who to lynch on day 2.

So if I don't get to make another post before I get lynched, remember I am claiming to be vanilla townsfolk. If it gets reported in the morning that is what I was, then trust my gut instinct and lynch That Guy on day 2.

On a side-note: The whore job I had last game allowed me to disrupt the cop's investigation on one night only. I didn't get to know who the cop would investigate in advance. I don't know whether Gnizmo put it into this game, since it's a job Soleron made up because of my joke before the game started. I just wanted to clarify what that job was in case it is in this game afterall.

Vote: That Guy

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Even though I talked about ignoring long analyses from Onyx, I think he's right. Both Onyx and That Guy are stand out choices at this point. If my gut choice is wrong I will be voting the other tomorrow.

so you two are voting consecutively AND in conjunction against me for being TOO logical?

Whoa.

Tally so far is 3 votes for That Guy (Zexen, Onyx, Soleron) and 6 votes left undecided. 5 needed for majority.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I posted just as much as I did last game, so I don't see why my posting habits would change this game.

I've thought about it, and I think I'll officially vote for Onyxmeth because he wanted to get the cop to roleclaim early, and also unnecessarily trying to "prove" that he is a townie. Twice. This proves that in the very least he is not the cop.

I don't think being logical should be a reason to be suspicious. You either vote and state your reason, or you vote randomly with no reason. I'd rather everyone to vote based on reason than vote and not have any sort of logic behind it.

That Guy said:
zexen_lowe said:
Ok, now that the game is a go, I'll start my reasoning.

Last time, one of the (many) reasons we lost is that we started bad and picked one townie in the beginning. In the end, at the start we have nothing to go by, so we attack blindly. But this time, at least, we have something to go by. We know for sure that between the first 8 there are two mafia (that is, a probability of 25% of picking a mafia when choosing anyone), and the 9th player, That Guy (hence known as TG) is either a townie (to make 2 mafia and 7 townies) or a mafia (to make 3 mafia and 6 townies), thus a probability of 50% of picking a mafia.

I think that picking TG is a safer alternative, because there's another thing, we know that he's not the policeman or the medic, since those jobs were assigned before. Thus, in the worst case, we'll lynch a vanilla townie, and in the best case, we'll get rid of one mafia for free.

So, as it stands now

Remember what happened last game?

The problem I see, Zexen, is if we mislynch, then we'll have 5 townies + 3 mafia. Night will come, and of course scum will not kill other scum, so automatically another townie will go down.

So by the second day, you have 4 townies vs. 3 mafia. if we make just ONE mistake on day two, the mafia will of course vote as a block to make a majority and end the game on a mislynch.  Remember that in the event where there mafia make up 50% of more, they win, since no majority can be made. We need to be REALLY careful this time.

Also remember I was the cop last game and was COMPLETELY thrown off when people started bandwagoning and voting randomly in the first round. I ended up investigating townies because they acted suspiciously. Lets try to at least have some basis for voting, as opposed to voting randomly.

Nope, wrong. If we lynch you and you turn to be townie, we'd have 5 townies and TWO mafia. If you turn to be mafia and we lynch you, we have 5 townies and TWO mafia. That's why I say that we don't lose anything by picking you

Just to point out.  We have 2 Mafia and 7 Townsfolk.  Putting 3 Mafia vs 6 Townsfolk is horribly horribly unbalanced as it gives the Mafia members enormous voting power during the day.  Normally you don't consider going up to 3 Mafia until you hit 11/12 players.  Gnizmo will need to re-assign roles if we somehow ended up with 3 Mafia.

@That Guy : At this point, there is no reasoning one can base a vote on.  The Cop has not inspected anyone.  Right now it's just an odds game for us to get lucky and knock out a Mafia member.

Votes so far (Day 1)

Person
Voting To Remove
zexen_lowe That Guy
insomniac17  
RCTjunkie  
That Guy  Onyxmeth
Soleron  That Guy
Craan  
Words Of Wisdom  
Onyxmeth  That Guy
c03n3nj0  

Well, we know that from the starting 8 players, there are 2 mafia. That is something we know for sure. After that, Gnizmo hasn't specified what role he gave to That Guy, who entered late. So, in the end, we may have 2 or 3 mafia, depending on That Guy's allegiance

I don't think That Guy is Mafia.

There's probably only two Mafia in the game, and by the time That Guy joined, I'd think all the jobs had already been given out to other people.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."