By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Game Thread Round 2

c03n3nj0 said:

But if the Cop/ Doctor reveal themselves quickly then that would make it easier for the Mafia to kill them off...

Doctor yes; Cop maybe not, since he can get the doctor's protection, and killing him off validates his investigation results.

Around the Network
Soleron said:

Yes, you're right. The other way didn't work, and my suggestion might not work either. It seems the cop and doctor are less powerful than I assumed from observing previous games (as I've not really played any before).

I agree that the other way didn't work, but I'm not 100% sure your suggestion is fullproof. Then again, what's the worst that could happen? You lose an internet game. The world won't end. Maybe we should try it, but it is a big leap of trust. What does everyone think?

RCTjunkie said:
Soleron said:

Yes, you're right. The other way didn't work, and my suggestion might not work either. It seems the cop and doctor are less powerful than I assumed from observing previous games (as I've not really played any before).

I agree that the other way didn't work, but I'm not 100% sure your suggestion is fullproof. Then again, what's the worst that could happen? You lose an internet game. The world won't end. Maybe we should try it, but it is a big leap of trust. What does everyone think?

I think we take the chance. I'm not either by the way. I'm vanilla townsfolk.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

How do we know someone isn't lying about being a cop or doctor?

Craan said:
How do we know someone isn't lying about being a cop or doctor?

There's no way, you gotta analyze what someone says and decide to trust him or not. It may take the round after to see whether someone was lying or not when he said he was cop/doctor but, other than that, there's no other way other than your instinct

Around the Network

Votes so far (Day 1)

Person
Voting To Remove
zexen_lowe That Guy
insomniac17  
RCTjunkie  
That Guy  
Soleron  
Craan  
Words Of Wisdom  
Onyxmeth  
c03n3nj0  

wow nice table.

Anyways, I'm finally here ^_^

zexen_lowe said:
Ok, now that the game is a go, I'll start my reasoning.

Last time, one of the (many) reasons we lost is that we started bad and picked one townie in the beginning. In the end, at the start we have nothing to go by, so we attack blindly. But this time, at least, we have something to go by. We know for sure that between the first 8 there are two mafia (that is, a probability of 25% of picking a mafia when choosing anyone), and the 9th player, That Guy (hence known as TG) is either a townie (to make 2 mafia and 7 townies) or a mafia (to make 3 mafia and 6 townies), thus a probability of 50% of picking a mafia.

I think that picking TG is a safer alternative, because there's another thing, we know that he's not the policeman or the medic, since those jobs were assigned before. Thus, in the worst case, we'll lynch a vanilla townie, and in the best case, we'll get rid of one mafia for free.

So, as it stands now

Vote: That Guy

Remember what happened last game?

The problem I see, Zexen, is if we mislynch, then we'll have 5 townies + 3 mafia. Night will come, and of course scum will not kill other scum, so automatically another townie will go down.

So by the second day, you have 4 townies vs. 3 mafia. if we make just ONE mistake on day two, the mafia will of course vote as a block to make a majority and end the game on a mislynch.  Remember that in the event where there mafia make up 50% of more, they win, since no majority can be made. We need to be REALLY careful this time.

Also remember I was the cop last game and was COMPLETELY thrown off when people started bandwagoning and voting randomly in the first round. I ended up investigating townies because they acted suspiciously. Lets try to at least have some basis for voting, as opposed to voting randomly.

That Guy said:

Lets try to at least have some basis for voting, as opposed to voting randomly.

Good luck with that. No one is going to vote, or even post in the first day because no one wants to seem suspicious in fear of lynching. Unless you have a good idea for weeding out the Mafia on day one, we're just going to sit here and stare at each other, wondering.

well ok fine. All we have to go on is from last, which really isn't saying much.

Remember that Onyxmeth was a mafia, and ON TOP OF THAT, he was a whore, so when he found out I was the cop, he messed up my investigation and Soleron told me that C03 was innocent, even though he was actually scum.

So lets not rule out the possibility of another whore and/or any other secret roles for this second game.

Right now, I have the FINGER OF SUSPICION on Soleron and Onyxmeth. Being that he WAS the whore last game, he knows very well that if the cop roleclaims himself early, he wouldn't NEED to be killed, as the whore would just be all over him like.... well... a whore.

Onyxmeth also insisted on claiming himself to be a townie twice now, even though there were not accusations against him.

Both were suggesting for the cop to roleclaim early, so he can gain protection from the doctor. And if there's a whore, then the cop's mis-investigations can ruin the game.