By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Game Thread Round 2

That Guy said:
so you two are voting consecutively AND in conjunction against me for being TOO logical?

Whoa.

Precisely. That's exactly how I spent the entire last game outside of anyone's suspicions, by trying too hard to find the most logical argument and running with it. It fooled you even though I pretended to have high suspicions of you after Zexen goes and you knew you weren't Mafia.

I've already told the group though to raise their suspicions towards myself. I'm not dodging suspicions, I'm merely sharing it with you. We're both employing strategies that say one of us is likely to be Mafia. I'm asking the rest of the group to just vote one of us out and not concentrate on the rest of the group this round. This way, come tomorrow, if the wrong one gets lynched, the group will know who to lynch next.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I like the nifty tables. Alright well this is dragging on into a bit of a stall. I am going to put a time limit of 6am GMT on voting (midnight CST for US folks).

It is worth noting that I did not expect this much talk over my last second addition of That Guy. In hindsight it is obvious this would happen, and I probably should have avoided it. I just hate excluding people from games. I can post something very generic that would in no way influence the game beyond removing the metagame discussion if you guys want. If you are ok with it then I will keep those thoughts to myself.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:

It is worth noting that I did not expect this much talk over my last second addition of That Guy. In hindsight it is obvious this would happen, and I probably should have avoided it. I just hate excluding people from games. I can post something very generic that would in no way influence the game beyond removing the metagame discussion if you guys want. If you are ok with it then I will keep those thoughts to myself.

It doesn't matter.

Whether That Guy is or isn't mafia is irrelevant.  Removing him to be safe puts the townsfolk right back where we would have been had he not joined the game... then gives the Mafia a free turn to kill someone.  All this has done is made it much more likely the mafia will win and kind of taken a little fun out of the game.

Yes, but it's better than to attack blindly. We know how that turned out in the last game where we all piled up on Craan

Don't be so hard on yourself you didn't pile up on me you........ gently covered me with your accusations.

Around the Network

I really doubt there are 3 mafia and since That guy was added after the initial roles were given he wouldn't be one of the mafia. The only evidence of Onyxmeth being a mafia is the way he's trying to turn everyone on That Guy. I believe there is a greater chance of Onyx being mafia but if he isn't he could be a doctor or cop, if that guy isn't mafia than he would have to be a townsfolk. I'm leaning towards Onyx right now.

VOTE ONYXMETH

But that's exactly what i'm saying. If we lynch now Onyx and he's a cop/doctor, we're in trouble. If we lynch That guy and he was a townsfolk, nothing happens and we lynch Onyx afterwards without any problem.

except That Guy is almost certainly not a mafia since there are probably only two mafia in the game I would rather lynch someone that had a possibility of being a mafia than lynch someone that has little to no chance of being one.

what I'm trying to say in the above post is that while voting for That Guy is safer in that he can't be a doctor or cop voting for Onyx is safer in that it is more likely that he is a mafia.

I don't know for sure if he has "little to no chance" of being one. I think he has a good chance. 50%, in fact. Since a 10 player game is played with 3 mafia, I don't see why a 9-player game couldn't also