By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Game Thread Round 2

insomniac hasn't posted yet, right? If so, could you PM him to see if he's participating, Gnizmo?

Around the Network

I already have Soleron. I am waiting to see how this "day" plays out before doing more.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Votes ( Removed | Killed )

Person Voting To Remove
Identity

Day 1
Day 2 Day 3 Day 4  
zexen_lowe That Guy  Words of Wisdom

Soleron That Guy        
Onyxmeth That Guy --- --- --- Townsfolk
That Guy Onyxmeth --- --- ---  Mafia
Words Of Wisdom Onyxmeth       Townsfolk
Craan Onyxmeth        
insomniac17 ---

RCTjunkie ---
 ---  --- ---
 Cop
c03n3nj0 ---        

Soleron said:
insomniac hasn't posted yet, right? If so, could you PM him to see if he's participating, Gnizmo?

I'm still here! Sorry! I just started college and I've been really busy lately...

Let's see... 2 mafia and 4 townsfolk.

If we remove 1 townsfolk on this game day, the mafia wins.  They'll kill someone during the night putting it 2 to 2 and the towsfolk won't be able to out-vote them.  So basically, if I get voted out... the mafia wins.

I'll vote for myself then.  Putting 3 mafia versus 6 townsfolk is retarded and totally hoses the townsfolk.  The sooner we end this game, the sooner we can start a better one that won't be run so stupidly.

Person Voting To Remove ( Removed | Killed ) Identity

Day 1
Day 2 Day 3 Day 4  
zexen_lowe That Guy  Words Of Wisdom

Soleron That Guy        
Onyxmeth That Guy --- --- --- Townsfolk
That Guy Onyxmeth --- --- ---  Mafia
Words Of Wisdom Onyxmeth Words Of Wisdom
    Townsfolk
Craan Onyxmeth        
insomniac17 ---

RCTjunkie ---
 ---  --- ---
 Cop
c03n3nj0 ---        

Around the Network

I'm confused about your chart WoW. You put yourself as town, and you voted for yourself?

Soleron said:
I'm confused about your chart WoW. You put yourself as town, and you voted for yourself?

Yep.  If we remove 1 more townsfolk, the mafia wins.  By removing myself, I'm basically ending the game.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Let's see... 2 mafia and 4 townsfolk.

If we remove 1 townsfolk on this game day, the mafia wins.  They'll kill someone during the night putting it 2 to 2 and the towsfolk won't be able to out-vote them.  So basically, if I get voted out... the mafia wins.

I'll vote for myself then.  Putting 3 mafia versus 6 townsfolk is retarded and totally hoses the townsfolk.  The sooner we end this game, the sooner we can start a better one that won't be run so stupidly.

I will respect your decision, and openly admit I am not terribly experienced in running these games. Typically speaking I share your reservation towards having such a high number of mafia to such a low number of townsfolk. At the same time the original setting (which I copied and pasted) called for 3 mafia, and 7 townsfolk. This gives the mafia a remarkably similar power in voting when compared to 3 vs 6 (30% vs 33%). 2 vs 7 would have slanted it much further away (22%) from that original ratio that I was trying to maintain. While I respect your decision to drop out, I would like to point out that the time to voice such objections would have been before the game started. I do not defend this as the right move overall, but given the original numbers I stand behind it being the best way to maintain the ratio balance outlined.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

That Guy was mafia!? Was not expecting that... >_>

I'm gonan go ahead and vote for Craan.

He was quick to vote for Onyx. I dunno, just seems a lil' fishy.

Vote - Craan

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Rereading the posts more, I have completely convinced myself that Craan is mafia, while WoW might be (I think she is) but it's better to go for the sure thing.

I have given pretty good reasons for TG being mafia, and he seemed too sure that he wasn't

"except That Guy is almost certainly not a mafia "
"I would rather lynch someone that had a possibility of being a mafia than lynch someone that has little to no chance of being one"
"voting for Onyx is safer in that it is more likely that he is a mafia."

Unvote - WoW
Vote - Craan