By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 - 5.00 M. on the next week! nice! ))

Thats not something to brag about. Especially since Sony has had to go deeper into the money well to do it. Had to castrate their machines in the process. Then managed to get lambasted by Nintendo in the process. Thats not even mentioning the fact that the 360 has had hardware difficulties, and they are outselling the PS3 world wide and in two different markets.

The only real positive spin is that Sony might just get enough steam to prevent the status of defunct console. Which means that the owners should realistically expect that they will get port support for the next few years. The bragging should focus on the fact that the PS3 has survived. Not that it is in any way shape or form succeeding in the console wars.

Around the Network

They're 500k short of what they "shipped" 6 months ago. I fail to see how that's a nice thing.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Yojimbo said:
Still the supply bullshit?

huh?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Yojimbo said:
Still the supply bullshit?

huh?

I think he´s angry that some poeple say the 360 is doing relatively better than the PS3 in its livetime since the PS3 never really had supply problems... I don´t see that as an important factor eather... but at least ther was a time where the 360 was flying of the shelfs...

"It should be noted that this happened at about the same pace as 360... So Sony isn't doing as bad as a lot of people think."

It should also be noted that the 360 didn't have any price cut during that same period of time. How about the PS3?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
thibje said:
@ NeoRatt -> True but the 360 had a bad supply and the PS3 is on the shelves since it release.

And the 360 didn't have competition....but the PS3 has to compete against the Wii and the 360.

And because the launch of the PS3 was delayed in Europe until March 2007, they lost out on a huge number of potential buyers from the Xmas market....yes a huge number. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

The only reason why the PS3 is tracking 360's sales is Japan.

If you compare PS3 vs 360 sales in Western markets, the story is different:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&align=1

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Total+Other&cons2=PS3&reg2=Total+Other&cons3=X360&reg3=Total+Other&align=1

It's near the 360 in Europe (but lower), and not anywhere near where the 360 was in America.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

And the much higher pricetag of the PS3 , and no big games , and no European Christmas sales , and extermly short suplyed Japanese release ... and we could go much further . If the 360 would have been in this sittuation , than It would ave been at ~ 2-3 million units , so nice going for Sony :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
And the much higher pricetag of the PS3 , and no big games , and no European Christmas sales , and extermly short suplyed Japanese release ... and we could go much further . If the 360 would have been in this sittuation , than It would ave been at ~ 2-3 million units , so nice going for Sony :)

I have to agree with that...although the sales aren't great.  If the 360 had the same restrictions, then I'd reckon they would have been at least 2m behind IMHO...at the very least.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

ziss said:
PS3 - 5.00 M.  on the next week! nice! ))

What did Sony say about the first 5 million buying it no matter what? Well, they reached those people.

How do they expect to reach the rest?