By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom: "Nintendo is screwed if they keep embracing...

...user-generated content".

He wrote an article today named 'The Source of Anti-Content'...it´s long, but it seems he criticizes Wii Music, WiiWare and other things.

The last paragraph:

"Nintendo’s Anti-Content embrace of user-generated content, of ‘creativity software’, and ‘personality software’ will destroy the company if continued. It has already done irrepairable damage to the Wii where the once ‘hottest thing ever’ became the ‘coldest thing ever’ as Nintendo demonstrated to customers that they don’t believe they are in the content business (which killed off belief of potential for the system). Nintendo should return to their E3 2006 outlook before they got arrogant with the Wii’s success and thought they could make games without content.

The Revolution did not fail Nintendo. It was Nintendo that failed the Revolution."

Do you agree with him?

Around the Network

Mutiny on the H.M.S. Nintendo!

I thought user generated content was suppose to be the "Next big thing"...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Nintendo is doom, no matter what.. don't you people understand? That's the thing this gen... Nintendo is doom. Nothing will change that, nothing

Am i dreaming?? Malstrom saying this of Nintendo?? Isn't him the one called a nintendo Fanboy?? In my opinion Nintendo is not arrogant, just don't know exactly the best move to do...but they can do that, they can wait with the profit and the line up of the next months...i can't see them arrogant and i can't see why user-generated-content is a bad move...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

I'm not entirely sure what his point is.

Nintendo shouldn't embrace user created content? They don't, I can't think of one Nintendo game that has user generated content other than something simple like the stage editor from Smash Bros.

Or is he saying Nintendo doesn't pack enough into their games? In which case most Nintendo games are 20+ hours long while your average HD game is 5-6 hours.

JGarret said:

Do you agree with him?

The one shining example of that failure so far was Wii Music which was garbage for a number of other reasons.  Games like SSBB should have had more attention to user-content if anything--the ability to build with more pieces, share stages, and play with them over WiFi would have been glorious.

Right now the Wii isn't in a position to take advantage of user-created content as much as other consoles let alone the PC so I don't see it changing much for the Wii one way or the other.  User-generated content as far as Nintendo is concerned will probably only truly be viable next generation.

However Nintendo will probably get screwed for other reasons next generation, but not user-generated content.

I know he complained about User content in Wii music... Is this all about Wii Music?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Huh? The Wii is still the top system by far

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ph4nt said:
I'm not entirely sure what his point is.

Nintendo shouldn't embrace user created content? They don't, I can't think of one Nintendo game that has user generated content other than something simple like the stage editor from Smash Bros.

Or is he saying Nintendo doesn't pack enough into their games? In which case most Nintendo games are 20+ hours long while your average HD game is 5-6 hours.

Naw, I think he is talking user-generated...And yeah Ninty did show a few DSi games(March of the Mini's is one I believe) that are bout user-content, but it wasn't like their WHOLE lineup is User-gen...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?