By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Tursmo 5 details released - :D

Infamy79 said:
I will wait and see to see just how those features translate into the real world.

Depending on the translation/interpretation, it could be that only 170 cars feature damage
I'd be very surprised if the GTA4 cars they've remodelled have damage, as to do the damage properly the car needs to be modelled from the chassis to the components to the panels, what's the point of bringing cars across from GTA4 if you have to redo them anyway?

Forza has more tracks too, personally I'd rather more tracks than cars. I will never drive all 400 cars of Forza 3 anyway so 1000 is just pointless.

Do you really think they are just PS2 ports?

Around the Network

Why mention the fact they're bringing cars over from GTA4 otherwise?
They must be reusing something if that's the case
I'm not saying they will look the same

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Infamy79 said:
Why mention the fact they're bringing cars over from GTA4 otherwise?
They must be reusing something if that's the case
I'm not saying they will look the same

Its not GTA4, its Gran Turismo 4.

Also, maybe they just mean that every car that was in GT4... will be in GT5?

I don't think they need so many years to port the GT4 cars over....

Mummelmann said:
ultima said:
bigdom2786 said:
^

There actually have been several. Tiger, Linux, Snow Lepoard ( Apple),MS OS aren't really all they cracked up to be, it's just people are so use to it they dont wanna move on to something better.

None of them is better than Windows feature or security wise, regardless of what you seem to have heard. They are just like Forza, it works but it's not nearly as good.

I'm sorry, I just had to jump at this one point; Windows is probably the worst on the market when it comes to security and it is widely known that Linux is so safe that most users don't even need Antivirus installed. If I didn't have any antivirus on my Windows my machine would crash within a couple of weeks.

I like Windows and I've always used it but when it comes to safety and bugs it gets low scores indeed. In fact, the only thing Windows is actually best at is compatability and, to me, user friendliness.

This is a common misconception with Windows. Every new version of Windows OS has stability issues at the start, but MS irons these out in about a year or so. However, Windows still is the most secure OS. Yes, you don't need an antivirus for Linux or Mac OS; that's not because they are more secure, but because there aren't that many (if any) viruses for them. Windows has the largest market share in OS business and that's why the virus makers make it their platform.

Around the Network
ultima said:
Mummelmann said:
ultima said:
bigdom2786 said:
^

There actually have been several. Tiger, Linux, Snow Lepoard ( Apple),MS OS aren't really all they cracked up to be, it's just people are so use to it they dont wanna move on to something better.

None of them is better than Windows feature or security wise, regardless of what you seem to have heard. They are just like Forza, it works but it's not nearly as good.

I'm sorry, I just had to jump at this one point; Windows is probably the worst on the market when it comes to security and it is widely known that Linux is so safe that most users don't even need Antivirus installed. If I didn't have any antivirus on my Windows my machine would crash within a couple of weeks.

I like Windows and I've always used it but when it comes to safety and bugs it gets low scores indeed. In fact, the only thing Windows is actually best at is compatability and, to me, user friendliness.

This is a common misconception with Windows. Every new version of Windows OS has stability issues at the start, but MS irons these out in about a year or so. However, Windows still is the most secure OS. Yes, you don't need an antivirus for Linux or Mac OS; that's not because they are more secure, but because there aren't that many (if any) viruses for them. Windows has the largest market share in OS business and that's why the virus makers make it their platform.

Well I'm going to agree with you on the part with Mac OS not being as secure as Windows if the population of users would be exchanged instantly right now... But what's to say if Mac OS and Windows had a change of total users, that Apple wouldn't put even more money, effort and time to stop insecurities. I mean who even needs an antivirus, if you've got some common knowlage then that'll do good enough.

is it true Forza3 will not have interior dammage modelisation ?

Time to Work !

bigdom2786 said:
kanariya said:
Looks like you should be their CEO, heh?

Well, I'm trying to be realistic ( and I major in management).

People tend to only view what they wanna see.

If I were Sony, I would at least not release the game til April at the earliest. Basically do a GTA4 like release. A date where they can have the most profitability ( yes holiday is it, but MW2 sales will hurt any game released in or around that date, even anticpated ones like GT5....just look at Uncharted 2...why it's in October?) and will survive the onslaught that will be Q1 2010.

People need to realize they're a company first, yes, the fanboys will be excited but releasing in Dec wouldn't give them the most money.

Hell a summer release would be awesome, cuz it's usually desert when it come to gaming and it would be a nice change of pace.

You have a lot flaws in your argument IMO.

First off MW2 won't affect GT5 sales because they are not on a direct competition. They are not even in the same genre. Do you think majority of COD MW players loves GT? Don't limit the gaming crowd to those who bought COD series. GT is more of a casual game and COD is more of a core game. You are also clearly undersetimating the selling power of GT 5. GT is a well known game (Brand power) so Sony won't have trouble selling copies of GT.

secondly: You also dismiss the pricecut and the slim. GT 5 and slim with a pricecut is a great combo. Why not utlize it? When the price cut is still fresh on the minds of the consumer. Your asking for maximizing the profits right? Then this holiday is perfect time IMO.

third: GT portable, where you can transfer your cars to GT 5. PSP PS3 functionality. Why waste it? In releasing GT so far ahead. This will not affect GT 5 but GT portable will gain a lot from this. An incentive to buy the game. An incetive to buy a PSP.

fourth: 3 months is enough to tell the gamers that GT 5 will be released at this date (DEC. something).  Advertising is the key. GT has brand recognition so they will not have trouble advertising it. People will know what it is.

These are all my opinion.

It's still up to Sony, what will there strategy on this one. They know what they're doing so I won't worry that much.

NoCtiS_NoX said:

You have a lot flaws in your argument IMO.

First off MW2 won't affect GT5 sales because they are not on a direct competition. They are not even in the same genre. Do you think majority of COD MW players loves GT? Don't limit the gaming crowd to those who bought COD series. GT is more of a casual game and COD is more of a core game. You are also clearly undersetimating the selling power of GT 5. GT is a well known game (Brand power) so Sony won't have trouble selling copies of GT.

secondly: You also dismiss the pricecut and the slim. GT 5 and slim with a pricecut is a great combo. Why not utlize it? When the price cut is still fresh on the minds of the consumer. Your asking for maximizing the profits right? Then this holiday is perfect time IMO.

third: GT portable, where you can transfer your cars to GT 5. PSP PS3 functionality. Why waste it? In releasing GT so far ahead. This will not affect GT 5 but GT portable will gain a lot from this. An incentive to buy the game. An incetive to buy a PSP.

fourth: 3 months is enough to tell the gamers that GT 5 will be released at this date (DEC. something).  Advertising is the key. GT has brand recognition so they will not have trouble advertising it. People will know what it is.

These are all my opinion.

It's still up to Sony, what will there strategy on this one. They know what they're doing so I won't worry that much.

Something is really wrong with these 2 sentences. GT will never be a casual game, it's not easy in any aspect, needs lots of dedication, any mistake in a race means you lost. GT is one of the most core games out there.

No game that sells over 10m copies is a core game