By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Tursmo 5 details released - :D

With the full list of features in GT5, only huge fans of MS or the Forza franchise would disagree that it truly is the definitive racing simulator, bar none.

But Turn 10 has nothing to worry about since it's not on the Xbox. Granted, a ton of people will be buying a PS3 just to play GT5, but assuming they already have an Xbox, they'll likely still be buying Forza 3 anyway.

Now a PC version on the other hand would be interesting although PD has done so much with the PS3 hardware, I'm not sure what else they could do to improve upon the PS3 version unless they took full advantage of the as of yet unshowcased features of DX11. Dirt 2 will be the first, and may very well be the most realistic looking racing simulator, even if it lacks the massive list of features already confirmed for GT5.

Around the Network

Pfft. And people were saying this game wouldn't be the "definitive" racer.

yo_john117 said:

This game looks like a beast.  However having damage on only a fifth of the cars is quite disapointing.

it is not so clear indeed ... wait and see

Time to Work !

ultima said:
bigdom2786 said:
^

There actually have been several. Tiger, Linux, Snow Lepoard ( Apple),MS OS aren't really all they cracked up to be, it's just people are so use to it they dont wanna move on to something better.

None of them is better than Windows feature or security wise, regardless of what you seem to have heard. They are just like Forza, it works but it's not nearly as good.

I'm sorry, I just had to jump at this one point; Windows is probably the worst on the market when it comes to security and it is widely known that Linux is so safe that most users don't even need Antivirus installed. If I didn't have any antivirus on my Windows my machine would crash within a couple of weeks.

I like Windows and I've always used it but when it comes to safety and bugs it gets low scores indeed. In fact, the only thing Windows is actually best at is compatability and, to me, user friendliness.

clearly the difinitive racer this gen . turn ten have eaten thier inflammatory words at e3 against gt5. ?we hav the most cars? lol

1000 cars with foto mode and youtube replay upload WOW and pseye headtracking and real damage deformation not just paint scrapes

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
libellule said:
yo_john117 said:

This game looks like a beast.  However having damage on only a fifth of the cars is quite disapointing.

it is not so clear indeed ... wait and see

Yeah I realized that after I read through more of the thread.

greenmedic88 said:
With the full list of features in GT5, only huge fans of MS or the Forza franchise would disagree that it truly is the definitive racing simulator, bar none.

But Turn 10 has nothing to worry about since it's not on the Xbox. Granted, a ton of people will be buying a PS3 just to play GT5, but assuming they already have an Xbox, they'll likely still be buying Forza 3 anyway.

Now a PC version on the other hand would be interesting although PD has done so much with the PS3 hardware, I'm not sure what else they could do to improve upon the PS3 version unless they took full advantage of the as of yet unshowcased features of DX11. Dirt 2 will be the first, and may very well be the most realistic looking racing simulator, even if it lacks the massive list of features already confirmed for GT5.

I would like to see Dirt 2 running on a high end DX11 PC, and I'm sure it'd b great. HOWEVER, it's totally not a sim racer. I do wish Codemasters would bring us a new Pro Race Driver (Toca). I loved those games on PS2. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

greenmedic88 said:

I see them as equivalent... I don't see one as vastly better than the other as they are so similar. Personally Forza 3 is the one for me because it has noob mode.

This isn't like any other comparison, the games are trying to be almost exactly the same.

Tease.

Here is the updated translation.

■ Models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

■ Courses
60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

■ Physical simulation of vehicles
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

■ Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle

■ GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

■ Online
Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube replay output

■ Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
Progressive Download
Improved user interface
Continuous Play for videos

■ Museums
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

■ User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)

Jesus christ... this might very well become the best GT game of them all!