By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Tursmo 5 details released - :D

Need car list NOW.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network

bigdom2786

I dont clearly know what u are saying (sarcasm ?)

whatever, the december 2009 date was leaked by the same people leaking the Slim

so, yeah, for me, GT5 is for december 10 2009 (france, so europe)

Time to Work !

we'll see. I hope it does come out then....then I have a game for December.... I doubt it though. Sony would've started the ad train by now. Killzone 2 got it's release date at E3 last year and it came out in Feb. Sony is not dumb to wait til Sept.to announce the release date for Dec. if they wanna maximize profits.

FORZA 3 IS S0 MUCH B3TT3R JUST U W8...

U SH4LL 4LL S33 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGZ LOLZ

Hey whats with that face interface cockpit thing?

Looks like you should be their CEO, heh?

Around the Network
Alvaritu said:
FORZA 3 IS S0 MUCH B3TT3R JUST U W8...

U SH4LL 4LL S33 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGZ LOLZ

Hey whats with that face interface cockpit thing?

I'm guessing when you use cockpit mode as you turn your head left or right the view will change. Turn your head left you will look out the left window using the sideview mirrors. turn your head right you will look out the right window. look forward and you will look out the windshield. This game will be epic. 

bigdom2786,

for 1 time that they are able to kept something secret

I think it is ok, it is not too late

TGS is in 1 month so december is still 3 months after TGS

Time to Work !

This is by far my most anticipated game for this gen and its shaping up to be just as awesome as I hope it will be!
Where do people get the notion that Forza 3 will have a vastly superior customization aspect by the way? Little is known of the customization in both titles and even though Forza 2 has a lot more than GT 4 (which is a last gen game) we cannot automatically assume that it'll be the same with GT 5 and Forza 3.
I'd be astounded of there wasn't more customization in GT 5 than in GT 4, the whole argument reminds me of that concerning the physics engine of these two competing titles where people know for certain (somehow) that one's physics will be inferior to the others.

Munkeh111 said:
Car washes? Why?

Anyway, 1,000 cars is getting to stupid levels, will you be able to drive them all? And how many of them are truly unique?

However, as ever, the most important thing is that it has the Top Gear test track

It could mean that the level of detail damage is refined to the point that bugs, dirt, grease, carbon deposits from engine exhaust, mud, etc. gather on the surface of the textures the longer you drive.

Race cars in real life tend to look pretty race worn by the end of an endurance race, even without a little bump and grind collision damage.

A car wash could the game mechanic to restore your race car's appearance to the original new and immaculate model.

And a 1,000 cars is bordering on the ridiculous, but I'm guessing many of those are variations of the same model with different power and handling aspects (both manufacturer special production models and race prepped cars).

Gobias said:
Wyku said:
Gobias said:
Wyku said:

Do they control with buttons and analog sticks in real life too?  

No, they use steering wheels and pedals. The same way most people play racing games.

Didn't think that statement through, did you?

I'll take a wild guess and say that "most people" do not play racing games with a $300 accessory.  It's probably a higher percentage on PC with even just a wheel than on the consoles though.

...You can buy a steering wheel for less than a regular PS3 controller.

You can try to come up with all the defenses you want, point is, you didn't think that through.

It sounds like you're the one coming up with defenses, but whatever. To each their own.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360