By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Tursmo 5 details released - :D

Vetteman94 said:
Wyku said:
Munkeh111 said:
Car washes? Why?

Anyway, 1,000 cars is getting to stupid levels, will you be able to drive them all? And how many of them are truly unique?

However, as ever, the most important thing is that it has the Top Gear test track

This.

Also, is racing a Prius or an electric car actually appealing to people?  Just pick one of the dozen's of sub-compacts they'll throw in the game and hit mute for the same level of excitement.

Well I imagine the Tesla Roadster they are putting in the game is going to be fun to drive

You guys no nothing of electric cars.

100% of the torque 100% of the time.

The Tesla Rodster would pwn almost any high end roadster no the market today.

Now the prius and other hybrids, idk. Must be souped up for street racing or something. lol.

Around the Network

And i just read...

PS Eye tracks your head movements!?!?!

Oh my god, how much more realistic can you get?

Haha, that translation makes the game look SOOOOO much better.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

libellule said:
"Forza what ?"

that the probleme of FM3, it is lacking any brand of recognition ...

if GT5 is out this year, and it will, then Forza will be non event

Sony has just to make it know to everybody has soon as possible ;)

When is TGS ?

Of course it's a non event...look how long the series has been going.....I mean people have been waiting for this since it was announced in 2004.

How the hell u gonna compete with something that's well known when ur franchise started getting real notice after your second game came out?

Comments like these deserve a facepalm.

Again this a GT5 thread....fanboyish comments need to be put aside....

yeah, I love me too ;)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
ultima said:
^No, the elite use the G25.^

I was joking around, but anyways. The "elite" will use a racing wheel....to drive a Prius?

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

? models included1,000 vehicles 170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage) 830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before]? Courses60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed :scared:? physical simulation of vehiclesPhysics system simulation is brand newRepresented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover!] Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla? Arcade ModeSingle Race2 player battle? GT ModeWorld MapMy GarageCar DealerTuning Shop (parts, tires)Car Washes/Oil ChangeRace Championship (Series system, point system)License Test? OnlineOpen LobbyText / Voice ChatPrivate roomsOnline Photo AlbumOnline Replay AlbumYouTube replay output? Photo ModePhoto Drive (Circuit)Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)? Gran Turismo TVVideo output to a PSP or PSP Go®PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO ? again, still working on it!Improved user interfaceContinuous Play? MuseumsThe Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS? SoundCustom soundtracks (PS3 hard-drive .Mp3 usage of songs)Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1? User InterfaceThe Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change colorAble to track the movement of KOKUPITTOKAMERA interface (confirmed in three dimensions can be furnished) better translation above an YES IT HAS FOTO MODE AND YOUTUBE UPLOAD MODE i hope my line breaks work otherwise sorry 4 wall of text

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Munkeh111 said:
Car washes? Why?

Anyway, 1,000 cars is getting to stupid levels, will you be able to drive them all? And how many of them are truly unique?

However, as ever, the most important thing is that it has the Top Gear test track

The point isn't to race every single car. If you're a car guy, you know there's just an enormous amount of variety in automobiles out there and they most of them bring something unique to table. Whether it's an exhaust note, a certain design aesthetic, or some sort of historical relevance, every car in Gran Turismo is in there for a reason. Combine that with the fact that people have dramatically different preferences and perspectives in what makes a car awesome, and all of a sudden 1000 vehicles makes sense. 

Gran Turismo isn't the most popular racing game of the last decade and a half for no reason. Polyphony understands and reveres car culture and history around the world to an extent that's tough to rival not just in the video game world, but in the world in general. Kaz Yamauchi ranks up there with people like Jay Leno, Ralph Lauren, and Jeremy Clarkson (to name a few) who get automotive culture. Gran Turismo just oozes with detail that enthusiasts recognize with clarity while casual players  get a sense of. Either way, GT hits that nerve that just about anyone who's into cars at all has. That's why the series is a phenomenon. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Carl2291 said:
And i just read...

I am going to say that is a translation error.  It sounds too good to be true.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Carl2291 said:
And i just read...

I just found a reason to buy the PS eye now. =)