By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Tursmo 5 details released - :D

Munkeh111 said:
May I point out when I say you can't drive 1,000 cars, that is because it would just take forever, that better be a gold trophy!

You, you TROPHY WHORE :D

Around the Network
kanariya said:
Looks like you should be their CEO, heh?

Well, I'm trying to be realistic ( and I major in management).

People tend to only view what they wanna see.

If I were Sony, I would at least not release the game til April at the earliest. Basically do a GTA4 like release. A date where they can have the most profitability ( yes holiday is it, but MW2 sales will hurt any game released in or around that date, even anticpated ones like GT5....just look at Uncharted 2...why it's in October?) and will survive the onslaught that will be Q1 2010.

People need to realize they're a company first, yes, the fanboys will be excited but releasing in Dec wouldn't give them the most money.

Hell a summer release would be awesome, cuz it's usually desert when it come to gaming and it would be a nice change of pace.

This game looks like a beast.  However having damage on only a fifth of the cars is quite disapointing.

bigdom2786 said:
ultima said:
bigdom2786 said:
ultima said:

I'm a fanboy for stating that Polyphony Digital is experienced in making racing simulators??? For your information, PD was founded in 1998 and the only games they've ever developed were racing sims.

You said they were too experienced meaning that no one can catch up to how they make racing sims...which is farther than truth. Any new dev can come in a blow them out the water, just because u have experience doesn't mean you can't be beateb in ur own game...

Like is said they're both good devs ( did u see me bad mouthing PD?), people need to stop acting like it's a dick-waving compeition....

From my experience GT has always been the best racing sim (and I've tried some PC racers as well). PD hasn't been dethroned in the past 10 years; what makes you think that "any new dev can come in a blow them out the water"? And PD doesn't just have experience; they hadn't experience when they made GT1, yet it was kickass. Besides the huge stockpiles of experience, PD also has a love of racing and an incredible amount of talent as can be seen from their GT series.

So there's no possible way a new dev can make a better game than PD does? And have the same love for racing and talent? Cuz taht's what it seems like you're saying.

What I'm saying is that it hasn't happened in the past and past tends to repeat itself. What you're trying to say is like saying a new company will emerge out of nowhere and make an operating system that will blow Windows out of the water. It's not happening. Microsoft is way too experienced in that business, just like PD is experienced in making racing simulators.

yo_john117 said:

This game looks like a beast.  However having damage on only a fifth of the cars is quite disapointing.

It may actually be all cars have damage and 1/5 of the cars have interior damage as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

^

There actually have been several. Tiger, Linux, Snow Lepoard ( Apple),MS OS aren't really all they cracked up to be, it's just people are so use to it they dont wanna move on to something better.

bigdom2786 said:
^

There actually have been several. Tiger, Linux, Snow Lepoard ( Apple),MS OS aren't really all they cracked up to be, it's just people are so use to it they dont wanna move on to something better.

None of them is better than Windows feature or security wise, regardless of what you seem to have heard. They are just like Forza, it works but it's not nearly as good.

Euphoria14 said:
yo_john117 said:

It may actually be all cars have damage and 1/5 of the cars have interior damage as well.

Yeah I just noticed that.  It appears that I read the OP wrong.  God I hope its true!  That would be epic!

I want to see this PSEye feature. Hopefully they show it off at TGS.

I also like that it has the ability to setup your own custom soundtrack from your PS3 HDD.

To be honest I think there is going to be more than just this once TGS comes around.

I'm not even a racing game fan, but this game just seems ridiculous.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ultima said:
bigdom2786 said:
^

None of them is better than Windows feature or security wise, regardless of what you seem to have heard. They are just like Forza, it works but it's not nearly as good.

I hope you don't say that to Mac users, they will eat u alive.