By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Tursmo 5 details released - :D

chenguo4 said:
Need car list NOW.

this times 2

Around the Network

Holy shit. Over 1k cars? Thats bananas.

Now, if only we could get a release date.

bigdom... advertising for this game has been going on since the Ps3 launch... how much more advertising do you want them to do?

CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

:O

DAMN!

DAYUMN!

Custom soundtracks
A few cars with interior damage
Head tracking with my PSEye
1000 cars
60 tracks confirmed and more to be announced
Day Night and Weather

What more could I want??? This game will be awesome.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

This game will take something like 6 months to reach 100% if playing 1~2 hours a day!

if your interested heres the official thread... http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=83190&page=1

I will wait and see to see just how those features translate into the real world.

Depending on the translation/interpretation, it could be that only 170 cars feature damage
I'd be very surprised if the GTA4 cars they've remodelled have damage, as to do the damage properly the car needs to be modelled from the chassis to the components to the panels, what's the point of bringing cars across from GTA4 if you have to redo them anyway?

Forza has more tracks too, personally I'd rather more tracks than cars. I will never drive all 400 cars of Forza 3 anyway so 1000 is just pointless.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Infamy79 said:
I will wait and see to see just how those features translate into the real world.

Depending on the translation/interpretation, it could be that only 170 cars feature damage
I'd be very surprised if the GTA4 cars they've remodelled have damage, as to do the damage properly the car needs to be modelled from the chassis to the components to the panels, what's the point of bringing cars across from GTA4 if you have to redo them anyway?

Forza has more tracks too, personally I'd rather more tracks than cars. I will never drive all 400 cars of Forza 3 anyway so 1000 is just pointless.

On GAF they found that the 20 tracks comment is on top of the 50 tracks already present in GT4. Also, Exterior damage applies to all 1000 car models. Interior damage, which is completely absent in Forza 3, is available in 170 premium models. It also isn't GTA it's GT.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Infamy79 said:

GTA4 cars. So we will be able to drive the Banshee, Turismo and Infernus in GT5.

Course layouts =/= unique tracks.
1 real world track can have several different layouts depending on setup not counting reverse.

Top Gear track = win.
R35 = win.