By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: Day of Crisis Not Dead? New Screens. Also, Tons of Wii Screens.

Peach? On a motorbike?

Move over PGR4 - too sweet... :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Bump.

I'm going to take a stab at Disaster's story line and say that a secret organization has made a n ultra high power weather changing device and is using it to destroy cities and the only one who can stop all this is the main character...

Something like that would explain the shooting aspect of the game...

BWii looks amazing, can't wait to play it online!
And of course, SMG once again looks completely awesome.
D:DoC looks interesting, I hadn't really looked into before, but it does look interesting.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

natedog4000 said:
I'm going to take a stab at Disaster's story line and say that a secret organization has made a n ultra high power weather changing device and is using it to destroy cities and the only one who can stop all this is the main character...

Something like that would explain the shooting aspect of the game...

I reckon it's more like, a secret terrorist organisation has taken advantage of a bunch of natural disasters to steal some nukes and only the main character can stop them...

just a guess... ;) 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Information on Disaster:

http://www.zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=305

Our source has revealed that the scenario of the game has undergone drastic changes in the past year, which originally focused on the concept that natural disasters afford a group of terrorists the window of opportunity to steal nuclear weapons in the United States. These terrorists then use these nuclear weapons to hold the United States hostage unless their demands are met. As the hero of the game, players must not only deal with mother nature and the aftermath, but also work against a ticking clock to stop a nuclear disaster.

As for the villians, currently labeled as rogue special forces by Nintendo's own description, we've learned that their disposition is that they are ex-patriots who feel they've been betrayed by the United States government, so Nintendo is playing the domestic threat hand. Additionally, in some form they are holding the president of the United States hostage - either literally or forcing him to comply with threat of detonating the nuclear weapon.

The premise sounds like a hybrid of the film The Day After Tomorrow and the TV show 24. In addition to this intense storyline, the game will feature extensive voice acting, as most of the major character roles have finished up principal voice recording for the game. No word on who exactly lent their voice talents to the game. Typically sound work is done in the final stages of a game's development cycle, which means Day of Crisis is coming along faster than anyone could have guessed.

Disaster looks fun thats if they do it right.

"Like you know"

While i would say the screens look a little "muddy", Disaster is shaping up pretty nicely. I really want them to do this game right.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

choirsoftheeye said:
Disaster and Wii Music look like a hell of a lot of fun. BWII's graphical style reminds me of WoW a little bit.
 You noticed that too huh? Then again it certainly isn't a bad thing!

Is it just me? Or does it seem like Disaster is going to be a sandbox game (ie GTA, No More Heroes)?