By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: Day of Crisis Not Dead? New Screens. Also, Tons of Wii Screens.

I doubt it. The emphasis is Man vs Disasters.

He has a "Lungs" Meter, as well as a Concentration Meter. It's all about staying focused and moving through your surroundings, while battling the terrorists and environments.

Seems like a standard shooter from 'Nintendo', where there is a bigger element than just shooting (i.e. Metroid Prime-environmental puzzles, Geist- possession+puzzles).

Very interested.

Much better concept, IMO, than the Project HAMMER concept of Smash, Smash, and Smash.

Around the Network

So......

Geist + Metroid Prime + San Andreas Stats = Disaster?

I still could be a sandbox game where things you know just happen. Like out of nowhere. And you have to act right then and there.

Cool battallion wars 2, and disaster look pretty well :), I always liked watching natural disasters in the tv, all due respect, and now I get to play it :), Mario baseball..... didn't like that much baseball, but with mario it could be fun :)

DonWii said:
Information on Disaster:

http://www.zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=305

Our source has revealed that the scenario of the game has undergone drastic changes in the past year, which originally focused on the concept that natural disasters afford a group of terrorists the window of opportunity to steal nuclear weapons in the United States. These terrorists then use these nuclear weapons to hold the United States hostage unless their demands are met. As the hero of the game, players must not only deal with mother nature and the aftermath, but also work against a ticking clock to stop a nuclear disaster.

As for the villians, currently labeled as rogue special forces by Nintendo's own description, we've learned that their disposition is that they are ex-patriots who feel they've been betrayed by the United States government, so Nintendo is playing the domestic threat hand. Additionally, in some form they are holding the president of the United States hostage - either literally or forcing him to comply with threat of detonating the nuclear weapon.

The premise sounds like a hybrid of the film The Day After Tomorrow and the TV show 24. In addition to this intense storyline, the game will feature extensive voice acting, as most of the major character roles have finished up principal voice recording for the game. No word on who exactly lent their voice talents to the game. Typically sound work is done in the final stages of a game's development cycle, which means Day of Crisis is coming along faster than anyone could have guessed.

haha....ok I didn't know that the info was out there, but my guess was pretty close for not knowing of this info....