By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game has the hardest achievements/trophies?

Wipeout HD more than likely. Aside of several time consuming trophies, there are several hair wrenching trophies that are also time consuming. It's REALLY hard to win just one race on phantom speed and elite difficulty. Your opponents get an automatic boost. :(

Then there's zone zeus (I can't believe I managed to do it). My suggestion: Put yourself in a meditative state, turn off the rumble on your controller, turn down your tv's volume and listen to a very relaxing track on an MP3 player of some sorts.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

I'd have to go with Lumines Live Time Attack Achievements those things are a bitch to get, those along with Mile-high Club in COD4. Out of the millions that own the game just a bit more than quarter million have unlocked that nut buster.

The hardest on both PS3 and 360 is without a doubt the trophies for White Knight Chronicles. I have a friend who has spent 817 hours with the game and only has 87% of the trophies with two left to go.

Level 5 also said they don't think anyone will ever be able to get the platinum trophy for the game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

LittleBigPlanet is time consuming. But I still think Unreal Tournament has some impossible trophies.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

The last achievement in Braid:

Completing the whole game in under 45 minutes.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

I can only comment on Trophies.

Hardest game (that I own): WipEout HD. It may be downloadable, but HOLY HELL it's impossible.

Hardest trophy: I Chose the Impossible (BioShock). Complete the game on Survivor with NO Vita-Chambers.

Zone Zeus (WipEout HD): Get to Zone 75 on any track. This is pretty much impossible. By this time, you're going at well over 1000 km/h.

Beat Zico (WipEout HD): Beat 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass in Venom Class. For reference, my best time is 37 seconds.

Arcade Perfect (WE HD): Finish first on every track in Elite difficulty

Elite Campaign Legend (WE HD): Get Gold in every race in the campaign on Elite difficulty.

(You can probably see why I chose WipEout HD as the hardest game)

Most time consuming trophy: Online Champion (UTIII): Win 500 online matches. Or perhaps worse, from the same game: Get a Life: Get 200 kills in multiplayer on 50 different days.

Most painful trophy: Heart of Darkness and The horror...the horror (Far Cry 2). Painful because they require you to beat the game. I applaud you if you have the patience to do so.

Loads more, but these are the ones that came to mind.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Most painful trophy: Heart of Darkness and The horror...the horror (Far Cry 2). Painful because they require you to beat the game. I applaud you if you have the patience to do so.

Aww, I really enjoyed Far Cry 2...

On topic, I think getting 100% of the Battle Trophies in Star Ocean: The Last Hope is probably one of the most difficult and time consuming ever. I mean, some of the battle trophies require you to beat the secret final boss several times or in a very strict time limit. It's crazy.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

adajio said:
Kantor said:

Aww, I really enjoyed Far Cry 2...

On topic, I think getting 100% of the Battle Trophies in Star Ocean: The Last Hope is probably one of the most difficult and time consuming ever. I mean, so of the battle trophies require you to beat the secret final boss several times or in a very strict time limit. It's crazy.

You enjoyed Far Cry 2?

Are you human?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Star Ocean: The Last Hope. If you read through the achievements list after playing the game a couple of hours, you will cry when you realize how ridiculous some of them are. Getting all the battle trophies seems impossible at best. Anyone who gets all 1000 points should whip out a camera, take a pic, frame it, and tack it on their wall.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I'm still trying to get the Veteran Gear and Seriously 2.0 achievement in Gears 2. Those are really time consuming.