By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 sold 5.2 mil. copies as of Oct. 4

Read the article!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUKN0438777720071005

Can this be true? Go Halo 3. I'm really enjoying mine! If Halo 3 is bundled into 360, then maybe even 8 mil. by the end of the year?

Around the Network

............... *faints*

Edit: On further inspection, this is actually the max it could've gotten, and it's likely they are shipped. It's still a ridiculous amount ... especially to think it did more than 4 million already.

Ridiculous, I say. RIDICULOUS! 

When they mean sold they probably mean to retailers, I wouldn't be surprised if MS has shipped out 5.2 million copies, but 5.2 million sold seems a bit high for 2 weeks of sales.

That is crazy... So, much for the estimate of 3.2 million in the first 12 days...

If only I could skim off some of the sales for myself from Billy...

^^agreed

Around the Network

Well, over 4.5 million sold worldwide is a lock for this week. It did another 90k in the UK and I have no doubts it did atleast another 110k in all the other Pal territories combined. I expect it'll do 400k or 500k in america whenever the numbers get released. 600k + 3.84 million is a good 4.5-4.6 worldwide and who knows if this site under tracked the initial first week of 3.84 million. If they did, 5.2 would be about right.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Well.......damn.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

5.2 does seem a bit optimistic, i thought they had only shipped 4.8 million ww, but maybe that was us shipment numbers

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

That goes against even their own reports of how much they sold first week. There is no such thing as a second week higher than the first week, and that would basically be what they are claiming here. It just didn't happen.

Edit: Now that I think about it, these wouldn't be too far off worldwide shipment numbers, so that's probably what they meant.

That 5.2m is based on pure speculation. It almost certainly involves shipment figures (units MS sold are "shipped" units), and no one knows exactly how many units of Halo 2 or Halo 1 have been shipped either (WW).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if 3.5m units have been sold WW to date. Most people (?) that want Halo 3 now have it??

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099